Ford GT350 Car Cover Question...

LUV2REV

Established Member
Not sure how I missed it on my window sticker, but I certainly feel foolish. I purchased my 16' Track Pack GT350 on July 12th from dealer inventory. I had instructed my salesperson to carefully remove the window sticker when I completed the deal so the detailers did not destroy or discard it when prepping for delivery. I had not looked at the window sticker since I picked the car up and had it laminated this week. Thats when I noticed I somehow missed the car cover that was a $475 option (noted as dealer installed accessory) which I did not receive. I contacted my salesperson this week and they are trying to figure out where it is.

Does anyone know if the cover actually ships with the car ?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I went through this.

The cover gets shipped to the selling dealer's service department. It's on them.

And this is no generic cover either so make sure you get the one dedicated for the car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, it's actually shipped to the Parts Department as a DIA...

They should have it in the Parts Department. It arrives about a week before the car.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Well, it's actually shipped to the Parts Department as a DIA...

They should have it in the Parts Department. It arrives about a week before the car.

That is correct and I should have said Parts as opposed to Service. I have seen or heard of a number of cases, mine included, where the dealer did not have the cover available at delivery but provided it later.

In November of 2015, Ford sent dealers a PDI "reminder" that stated the following...

Ensure that Shelby Car Cover is placed in the trunk prior to delivery (if ordered).

Scroll down to the bottom for additional cover information (I suggest reading the whole thing). Note the "Target Audience." In essence, any number of people at the dealer should be familiar with this particular process.

Ford%20GT350%20Letter%20PDI%20Nov%209%202015-page-001.jpg

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tob is the man, like always.

Damn Tapatalk Autocorrect

Users who are viewing this thread