Ford GT recall!!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I dont expect any car company to get a car completely right the first time out. thats how you find the weak points and make the car better. things that look good on a computer dont always work in real life. thats why they have recalls.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
test mules obviously can not determine all the weaknesses in a car. test mules dont see the same roads, environment, driver or driving habits that the real ones do. there is no way a company can see all the weaknesses/shortcomings in anything until its in the hands of consumers, that goes for all products.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
The problem is with a supplier who manufactures the control arms, not Ford. I have a feeling they will be dropping off the supplied vendor list.

FaM

Established Member
I work at the plant that makes the side lite and mid lite(the side vent window and pretty darn complex piece of glass that keeps you from going deaf from the engine behind you) It could be a vendor issue or IMO just a bad design. I can tell you that most vendors end up giving their parts away at a negative profit just to be a part of the program, and Ford is still INCREDIBLY strict on quality to the point you want to break down and cry. I could give you more gossip on the Gt if you wanted. :p

fordification

Established Member
At first I thought this was just more mis-informed news from BON. But it seems to be spreading. Besides BON is there any links to creditable sources?

This is not good. A flagship car should be flawless. They put all there eggs in 1 basket, and now this.

I really really hope it's exaggerated.

Last edited:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
cobrapoison said:
I bet he's not at all pissed, I bet he's now more satisfied with Ford since they are addressing the problems immediately and constantly checking for future problems. That to me is quality.

Thats the way i see it. Whats the big deal about recalls? there is no cost to the buyer. and thats not jay lenos daily driver so why would he be pissed. I would be upset if ford denied that there was a problem and let people get hurt because of it, not becuase they know there is a problem and are willing to fix it before it gets worse.

btw, alot of parts on any car arent made by the car company. they are made by different companies, that way ford doesnt have to do it. it saves them money.

if there really is a head tick or something similar thats different. ford has had this problem before and should know how to avoid it.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
There's already a thread on this. Jesus christ does ANYONE here know what the SEARCH button is for??? I've seen this on more than a few forums and some people act like Earth is about to blow up b/c of this.

Like I said in the other thread here, even the most expensive and exotic of car makers have recalls. Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, blah blah blah the list goes on and on. And those guys have been making nearly unobtainable hyper-exotics since day one.

EVERY COMPANY has recalls. And yet, Ford is going to get a shit-ton of unfair negative publicity for this, I'm convinced of that. Funny how when an exotic carmaker issues a recall, no one raises a stink about it. But then an american manufacturer, who's never even built a high-end prodution car before, is held to a higher standard than anyone. I see it as a feeble excuse to act on a discontent inner desire to bash ANY domestic company.

Don't you just love double standards?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Black98COBRA said:
Thats the way i see it. Whats the big deal about recalls? there is no cost to the buyer.

The big deal, is that in order for it to have come to Ford's attention, there must have been some CUSTOMER who had the suspension fail etc. Sure, it's no big deal to return your car to the dealer to fix it for a problem somebody else had, but what if YOU'RE the guy it happens to that starts the whole ball rolling? I'm sure there have been people seriously hurt from vehicle failures before the company was aware of the problem.

fordification

Established Member
I disagree, there are cases where Ford will issue a safety recall if there is a possibility of injury, before it occurs.

The part that I'm pissed about is that the Ford GT was to specifically show how high of build quality they are capable of without incident. And with such a low production number, they NEED to get it right the first time. They're already under the spotlight with the number of total recalls, this was a chance to restore some confidence in the name.

They should've (must have) spared no expense testing it to the extremist degree. Have somebody road test it for 500,000 miles, or something.

Bracketbomber

Established Member
Ford GT recall

Is it possible that someone knew of the problems, Control arms and emission concerns but said nothing of it so they could get them out the door to look good? if so, Ford now looks bad JMO.

FaM

Established Member
Whats funny is they are starting to mass produce this car more than most of you realize. Lets just say a certain co. someone here works for was only supposed to send 1500 units (1 per car) a year, and now they are shipping 1000 a month. :)

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
If I had to speculate on this (and speculation is all that we can do about this) I'd have to say that if anything, this might have something to do w/the fact that the GT went from the idea/concept stage, through the engineering and testing phase, and right onto the production phase faster than any other car ever has. And despite high tech computer assistance, there just wasn't any way that Ford could've tested for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread