Ford GT All Generations race

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Tungsten no stripe, nice rare combo, and still on GY tires (Bridgestones are a great improvement).

The results were not very surprising. Still cool to see, and hear.

4.698gt

Established Member
Anyone have a clue what a 427 car runs in the 1/4? I don't feel like it would keep up with the modern stuff still but seems kind of dumb to run the 289 car against them.

blk02edge

Established Member
Anyone have a clue what a 427 car runs in the 1/4? I don't feel like it would keep up with the modern stuff still but seems kind of dumb to run the 289 car against them.
I doubt anyone has ever invested the time to try. Also, 1st gear would be so long that it would bog for a long time on a sticky track. Would definitely be a disappointing number

4.698gt

Established Member
I doubt anyone has ever invested the time to try. Also, 1st gear would be so long that it would bog for a long time on a sticky track. Would definitely be a disappointing number
You aren't kidding. Just took a minute to look it up. 427 car shows 12.9 122 in the quarter mile. First gear can run up to 91 mph! That's pretty bonkers

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Well they were trying to use only street GTs. And the 289 Mark III is the only street version of the original GT40 made.

Users who are viewing this thread