ford fusion sport and fords performance estimates

o2gt

Established Member
I just watched the video at around 9min the guy quotes ford. he states its about as fast to 100 mph as an auto 5.0 mustang and faster to 60. should be interesting to find out. Im sure the mustang will run faster in the quarter and have a higher trap speed. But with a tune i bet it will be a really fun car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpXOUnB1hPQ

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The sport is definitely going to be quick and fun to drive. I bet the 0-60 is faster due to the sport being all wheel drive. The mustang is traction limited in the 0-60 on factory tires. Not to diminish the merits of the fusion sport.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I just hope the AWD system is strong and things don't start breaking as soon as someone takes it to a track and tries to launch it. My guess is just the opposite though, it will have nannies to prevent track level launches.

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Sounds like something good ... could it be better than the RS Focus? I see a sleeper on our hands, if you order it stripped, and some after market guys pick up on it. The RS has already proven to pick up ~45whp with just a reflash, that puts this thing almost 400hp. Being a bit lighter, and with AWD, it could give the ATSV a run to 60, or on an 1/8th

o2gt

Established Member
The sport is definitely going to be quick and fun to drive. I bet the 0-60 is faster due to the sport being all wheel drive. The mustang is traction limited in the 0-60 on factory tires. Not to diminish the merits of the fusion sport.
I agree. Im guessing that the mustang pulls around before they hit 100 mph. really looking forward to some reviews.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

Automatic mustangs are not traction limited. The converter or lack of bottom end keeps it in check. Atleast from my experience.

I just hope the AWD system is strong and things don't start breaking as soon as someone takes it to a track and tries to launch it. My guess is just the opposite though, it will have nannies to prevent track level launches.

If it's anything like the systems in the SHO or Xsport you can't launch any harder than 1500ish. It's not going to come in a manual as far as I know.

The 5.0 Mustang has 100 more horsepower and weighs less.

I'm thinking PTW puts the Fusion Sport at similar levels with an SHO. Expect high 13's @ 100ish.

Aren't they both around 3650-3750?

Yep. Mustang has 100+ more hp, and more TQ = not close. In rain I give the win to the Fusion.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Since when can you not launch a SHO above 1500? The AWD systems are rock solid on the SHO and shared platforms.

I have yet to have any stock tired V8 RWD keep up from a dig. It's top end where they come around.

I don't see any way it doesn't blow the SHOs doors off if the reported numbers are correct. 3700 pounds, 327 HP and 380 TQ? It makes 38 less HP but 30 more TQ. And it weighs 700 pounds less. Gotta be mid 13s unless they have major electronic nannys on

Last edited:

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Since when does a tune not void the warranty? serious question btw.

Since always. First, they would have to prove that the tune did the damage. Second, the only thing they can possibly see, assuming you flash the stock tune back in before taking it in, is how many times it's been flashed and maybe (not sure on this one) how long ago it was flashed.

And the chances of them checking that at your average dealer are about zero anyway.

Edit: and there is no voiding of a warranty anyway. They can deny a particular fix being done under warranty but everything else would be covered.

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
as a SHO owner, you can indeed launch the car above 1500rpm. stock stall is around 2300rpm. id expect 0-60 around 4.8-4.9. and mid 13s@103-104. I'm sure it will have torque management out the wazee keeping it in check stock. if its anything like the SHO a tune/DPs and they will be hurting feels for sure.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Since when can you not launch a SHO above 1500? The AWD systems are rock solid on the SHO and shared platforms.

I have yet to have any stock tired V8 RWD keep up from a dig. It's top end where they come around.

I don't see any way it doesn't blow the SHOs doors off if the reported numbers are correct. 3700 pounds, 327 HP and 380 TQ? It makes 38 less HP but 30 more TQ. And it weighs 700 pounds less. Gotta be mid 13s unless they have major electronic nannys on

It's automatic, you can only stall it so high before it starts pushing the car. Maybe 1800ish is the highest it'l let you brake it? It's been awhile since I had my SHO.

as a SHO owner, you can indeed launch the car above 1500rpm. stock stall is around 2300rpm. id expect 0-60 around 4.8-4.9. and mid 13s@103-104. I'm sure it will have torque management out the wazee keeping it in check stock. if its anything like the SHO a tune/DPs and they will be hurting feels for sure.

I don't think I was ever able to get mine even close to that. And mine went to the track a lot. I'd say atleast 150 passes. Is yours a PP?

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Since always. First, they would have to prove that the tune did the damage. Second, the only thing they can possibly see, assuming you flash the stock tune back in before taking it in, is how many times it's been flashed and maybe (not sure on this one) how long ago it was flashed.

And the chances of them checking that at your average dealer are about zero anyway.

Edit: and there is no voiding of a warranty anyway. They can deny a particular fix being done under warranty but everything else would be covered.

Potatoe potato. So a dealer can deny warranty work due to a tune depending on how they're feeling that day? Not a risk I'm willing to take on a new car.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Town and Country Ford always produces these nice high quality walkthrough videos. I would buy one from them if they were close. Above and beyond what I see from my local dealers.

Grey03

Established Member
It will be interesting to see what they will run. I have a 17 MKZ 3.0 on order. With 400hp/400tq, AWD, and torque vectoring diff it should be fun to drive. I should have it in a couple of weeks. I will give a review when I get it.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Potatoe potato. So a dealer can deny warranty work due to a tune depending on how they're feeling that day? Not a risk I'm willing to take on a new car.

No. A dealer can deny warranty work IF they even look (doubtful on a four door family car) and IF they can actually prove it had a tune (which they cannot) and IF they can prove the actual damage was caused by the tune (which would be difficult).

Like I said, they can see how many times it's been flashed. But the dealer themselves flashed my car like 3 times trying to fix a windshield sensor issue before realizing it was the new windshield (curvature was wrong on it).

I did some searching and found one person that did get a warranty denied on his 3.5.... and he told them he had a tune on the truck.

IMO, and I could be wrong, worse case scenario is you somehow manage to blow the motor under 36,000 miles (completely unheard of) and manage to go to a ass of a dealer, and they actually check the computer, and they blame the tune and refuse service.... so you tow it across town to another dealer that fixes it for you.

Buy from a reputable tuner like LMS or unleashed after the car has been out for say 6-8 months and they have a revision or two under their belt, and there isn't anything to worry about. Wait until 10k or so to make sure the car is broken in and doesn't have a factory defect. So many tuned 3.5s and 2.7s out there already with so few problems it's hard to actually find em.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
It's automatic, you can only stall it so high before it starts pushing the car. Maybe 1800ish is the highest it'l let you brake it? It's been awhile since I had my SHO.

I don't think I was ever able to get mine even close to that. And mine went to the track a lot. I'd say atleast 150 passes. Is yours a PP?

Mines a non pp car and will stall slot higher than 1500. You have to keep it under a certain RPM manually (gas pedal) otherwise it breaks the fronts loose and doesn't launch as hard.

That being said, you don't need a 6000 RPM clutch dump on these cars. They make a ton of TQ and do so at very low RPM. I swear from 0-15mph this car would nine times out of ten (maybe not on concrete) outrun my blown/geared/315 drag radial GT.

Edit: went out and lunch, sweet spot is about 2200 RPM today (83 degrees). Computer got pissed about 2800 RPM and cut the throttle. Tried it at about 2400 rpm and it spun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread