Ford FR-500 cat back owners: Any Drone?

Tobias

Established Member
I wanted to know if there is any drone with this system using factory cats & exhaust manifolds. I have searched and have found that it is quiet, but no mention of any drone. Thanks in advance!:pepper:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
From what I have gathered, I feel confident in saying that the FR500 system will not drone.

It is very quiet under most circumstances and finally opens up a little at WOT.

The FR system is known for being THE quietest catback for these cars.

Charles236

Established Member
I have the MRT catted H-pipe and FR500 cat-back combination, and it doesn't drone. It ahs a good deep tone to it, and starts to sound off after 3,500 rpms or so. I have run the FR500 with the MRT catted H-pipe, the Magnaflow catted X-pipe, and the stock catted H-pipe, and there was no drone with any of them. The stock H-pipe was deep sounding but too quiet; the Magnaflow was deep sounding but sounded a little too "busy" for me. I settled on the MRT catted H-pipe as the sound I wanted, deep and a little louder than the stock H-pipe was with the FR500.

Tobias

Established Member
Cool, thanks alot for the info guys. Anyone else have something to add?

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
FR500-M58, stock headers, stock H-pipe.
In my vert, I can still hear a slight drone around 1500-2000 rpm, but it is SO much less than other systems I've tried. I think verts tend to have more drone inside than coupes. It's not really objectionable and most people won't notice it. In general a very quiet exhaust with the least drone of any system besides stock. The exhaust sounds good at the back of the car but hardly any of that sound comes through into the cabin.

Black1999Cobra

Rollin' with the top down
Established Member
I havnt done it yet, but I when I get around to it I plan to do a FR500 with a MRT catted H. From everything I have read, there is no drone, a deep sound, and it opens up high up in rpms.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
Iv'e run it with both the stock mid-pipe and now an o/r prochamber, no drone at all.

When i was on the stock mid-pipe, i can say it was barely louder than stock, just a little more rumble in the lower RPM's and the same sound after 3500rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread