FORD FANS: gotta couple questions...

A2V2NV

Established Member
Ok guys, here goes:

1. Mustang Base v-6 car, w/ transplanted COBRA motor and t-56 tranny, and solid axle should be made available as a "drag-pack" option.

=I think it would be great, what do you think??

Now, I'm serious, the base car, without all the extras, like the 'ol 5.0 was when I was in high school ( those old notches!!!!)

2. Ford Factory should set the car price, not the dealer.

=I'm for it, these greedy dealers and their price gouging has gotta stop!!!, IMHO........

For or against it , let's hear it!!!!

joe:burnout:

97snaketrplB

Originally posted by A2V2NV
Ok guys, here goes:

1. Mustang Base v-6 car, w/ transplanted COBRA motor and t-56 tranny, and solid axle should be made available as a "drag-pack" option.

=I think it would be great, what do you think??

Now, I'm serious, the base car, without all the extras, like the 'ol 5.0 was when I was in high school ( those old notches!!!!)

2. Ford Factory should set the car price, not the dealer.

=I'm for it, these greedy dealers and their price gouging has gotta stop!!!, IMHO........

For or against it , let's hear it!!!!

joe:burnout:

Unfortunately, you will never see the likes of a car resembling the bargain lx 5.0's of yesteryear. Speaking purely hypothetically, if ford were to do such a thing they would use the gt 4.6, and not the motor reserved for their flagship, as it would make no sense sabotaging their own car. Not only that, but the price of the cobra motor, and the volume with which it would be produced (remember it's hand assembled), would make it monetarily and physically impossible.

Also, in regards to the price gouging, you do realize mach 1's are now going for 23-24, gt's are being given away at 16k, and cobras are going for invoice right? (In fact, back in October of last year you could have picked up an 03 snake for 28, and later that year 03 machs were going for 21).

SVTHorsnake

Banned
that would kick ass but like the other dude said, the hot rod wars are over, the "big 3" aren't battling it out on the track anymore (like they were anyways):(

Users who are viewing this thread