Ford Falcon GT may be coming to US

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
If so I am sold.

Ford FPV Falcon GT may fly its way to the US market - Top Speed

The 2011 HSV E-Series 3 cast a huge spotlight on the Holden brand when it was released earlier this year, but that attention was quickly diverted when Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) announced that their Falcon GT sports car would be getting a supercharged engine making it the first supercharged V8-engined GT in their history. Not satisfied with just one feature distracting the public eye from their competitor, FPV is now releasing plans to send the supercharged V8 over to the U.S. market, a market that Holden used to participate in until General Motors cut off the Pontiac brand and, in turn, the rebadged Commodore.

Jim Farley, Ford’s US-based vice-president of global marketing, said that the company plans more performance-based focus — including rear-wheel-drive models — for the US market. This will begin by bringing its supercharged V8 technology back to the US, but keeping it wrapped in its Australian skin.

"The team at FPV is on the record about their desire to potentially use the supercharged V8s elsewhere in the Ford world but at this stage there are no definite plans. It’s no surprise to us, though, that others would love to experience what we have on offer down here."

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Thats a nice little grocery getter. Reminds me a little of a G8 though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Engineer it with AWD and then were talking, something new to US buyers. Otherwise I dont see where it would fit in in the US market. Kinda would just take sales from both the Mustang/GT500 and Taurus (since its 4dr) and doubtful it would be priced to sell.

Make it AWD so it 4 wheel bitchslaps Evo and STi and price it at $35k to compete. Think a EcoBoost v6 AWD drivetrain from the SHO would fit the bill in the Falcon chassis especially if priced at high 20's low 30's. Problem with the SHO is its too much $$$ imo.

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Love the SHO concept, but too $$$, which wasn't an issue with the original. This could be the Fusion-sized "SHO" many have been waiting for. Not sure this would affect 'Stang sales much being a 4-door...but could make the Taurus SHO go away though.

boatcop1

Established Member
I'll place my order tomorrow if they do it!

Cmon Ford!!!

Fail? You mean like the 2010 SHO? I think marketed right it would be a huge success.

Bring it:rockon:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Engineer it with AWD and then were talking, something new to US buyers. Otherwise I dont see where it would fit in in the US market. Kinda would just take sales from both the Mustang/GT500 and Taurus (since its 4dr) and doubtful it would be priced to sell.

Make it AWD so it 4 wheel bitchslaps Evo and STi and price it at $35k to compete. Think a EcoBoost v6 AWD drivetrain from the SHO would fit the bill in the Falcon chassis especially if priced at high 20's low 30's. Problem with the SHO is its too much $$$ imo.
THIS!!! i would be more interested in the ecoboost-6, though an AWD 5.0l would be SICK. we would be seeing a whole new realm in the AWD drag racing world!
the g8 failed , the gto failed....this will too
part of the reason is because the pontiac brand as a whole was a failure. the brand didn't sell large quantities in any segment, let alone performance coupes and sedans.

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
THIS!!! i would be more interested in the ecoboost-6, though an AWD 5.0l would be SICK. we would be seeing a whole new realm in the AWD drag racing world!
Either motor will work for me!
part of the reason is because the pontiac brand as a whole was a failure. the brand didn't sell large quantities in any segment, let alone performance coupes and sedans.

+65,000

txyaloo

Established Member
the g8 failed , the gto failed....this will too

The only reason the G8 failed is because Pontiac died. I see a lot of them on the roads. The GTO should have never been called a GTO, but I like mine.

I call it my chameleon. It looks like a Grand Prix on the outside but has a European interior and American muscle under the hood. I like that it's unassuming.

Users who are viewing this thread