Ford F250 Diesel Software???

]sVt[Po|son

Established Member
Six months ago we sent our dad in Honduras (Central America) a 2009 Ford F250 Lariat with the 6.7.

The truck has 56,000 miles at the moment. According to him after a month and a half to two months the truck started running funny, especially when going up a hill. The techs in Honduras told him it was due to the low quality Diesel in the country, and that he needs to change the software on the truck? But that they don't have it there.

Another shop told him that they would order the software from Canada, install it and give him warranty for $2,500. The people at the Ford dealership also told him that they would refer him to someone else, but that it would cost around $7,000 to get it done.

Anyone familiar with this?

YJSONLY

Established Member
I will say this if the truck is a 2009 it's not a 6.7! Unless someone has changed the motor out! In 2009 the motor was 6.4. But I would go to powerstroke.org for more info.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Powerstroke.org, The Diesel Stop, Powerstrokenation.com and Coalrollers should be able to help with this question.

Jack Burton

Established Member
]sVt[Po|son;13050685 said:
Six months ago we sent our dad in Honduras (Central America)

I wish this was posted yesterday. You would have saved me 10 points on my test. I answered that Honduras was in Asia. :(

]sVt[Po|son

Established Member
I wish this was posted yesterday. You would have saved me 10 points on my test. I answered that Honduras was in Asia. :(

:bash:

I will say this if the truck is a 2009 it's not a 6.7! Unless someone has changed the motor out! In 2009 the motor was 6.4. But I would go to powerstroke.org for more info.

I could be wrong about the 6.7

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Possibly it is the DPF getting clogged up and being in "regen" mode more often then it should be due to probably not having ultra low sulfur diesel fuel down there. Is he getting any kind of smoking out of the tailpipe>???
I'd do a DPF delete. You will need to get an offroad tuner when doing that otherwise the truck will be in constant "regen" mode and just dump raw fuel.
The fuel economy you will pick up with the delete is well worth it alone.

Also, like stated above, a 2009 will be a 6.4 diesel.

]sVt[Po|son

Established Member
Possibly it is the DPF getting clogged up and being in "regen" mode more often then it should be due to probably not having ultra low sulfur diesel fuel down there. Is he getting any kind of smoking out of the tailpipe>???
I'd do a DPF delete. You will need to get an offroad tuner when doing that otherwise the truck will be in constant "regen" mode and just dump raw fuel.
The fuel economy you will pick up with the delete is well worth it alone.

Also, like stated above, a 2009 will be a 6.4 diesel.

Doing some reading on the DPF delete.

This is new info for me

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I have an '08 6.4 that I did the DPF delete, added an intake and installed a KEM tune. Works like a champ and is very easy to do (unless your sensors are frozen in the pipe). Start with something like that and it will probably fix the problem. May want to check and change all your filters too.

Users who are viewing this thread