Ford ESP premiumcare extended warranty thoughts?

BelminZ

Established Member
I paid $2000 for ford premiumcare ($100 deductible) bumper to bumper warranty until 2026 or 64k miles 2014 GT500. (Car currently has 4K miles) It was out of factory warranty but somehow still got the dealership to add it. Do you think this is a fair price? I know they are under $1000 when the car is still under factory warranty if you buy directly from flood ford esp. thanks all!

Last edited:

HKusp

Established Member
I don't think that's bad. Things get expensive on these cars quickly. I had an Acura TLS about 15 years ago with a bumper to bumper with zero deductible that I paid $1500 for. The fog lights had a bad seal, replaced free with a loaner while they had it. A few years later the transmission was slipping. They replaced it free. That was a $3500 transmission, so to me, it was well worth it.

96gt02

Established Member
I had the premium care ESP on my 2010 Raptor, cost me about $2500 I believe. Covered the stuff that went bad, steering shaft, springs, trans gasket, seat heater... ended up still doing some minor repairs myself that werent worth bringing to the dealer with the $100 deductible and inconvenience. In hindsight I would never do another warranty for a few reasons, I cant tell you how much I hate going to the dealer ( Coming from someone who works at a dealership, not Ford), especially in a car I care about like my Shelbys etc, neither have ever been nor will they, the raptor I didnt care about. Second I love modding cars and doesnt make any sense to pay for a warranty that im just going to void on a performance vehicle. Lastly, I just really really prefer to do everything myself so I know its done correctly and with care, and dealers are super inconvenient and the whole process just sucks IMO. Even on my raptor which had the most issues out of any Ford ive ever owned... I still didnt get my moneys worth out of the warranty which only covered about $1,500 vs the $2,500ish I paid and I guarantee you will have far fewer issues with your Shelby

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
get it as long as car's stock its a great peace of mind event ho you'll never use it

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I’ve seen Flood Ford mentioned numerous times on the web for cheap ESPs which can be bought online. Need to look into it myself for the DDs.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Picked it up for cheap on my last F150 buy. Glass roof and AC seats, figured it was a safe bet since these are known issues and not cheap fixes. No plans on modding besides the tune which wakes up the Ecoboost so made sense.

But agree, with above I wouldnt be able to resist stoping at the local speed shop voiding that shit on the drive home from the dealer in a Shelby.

Users who are viewing this thread