Ford Edge vs Nissan Murano

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
buying wife a new (to us) car this year. anyone with ANY feedback on these two I would appreciate it. Thanks

Jroc

Established Member
Never been in either but the Edge looks much better especially with those 22's.(new tires might be a little costly though)

Also Ford > Nissan on most vehicles. Nissan makes some sporty little v6 family sedans though, and the Titan while certainly not the nicest or best fullsize truck is about the funniest one to drive.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I like the looks of the Murano better but both cars are so close in every other way that you can't go wrong with either one. Similar HP, both have nice interiors, similar fuel economy, etc. Might as well go with the Ford.

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
yeah I am biased towards ford for sure. Wife likes both equally---I haven't heard anything too terrible about either. Ford seems to run a bit less expensive.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I work for ford, and i drive the edges all the time. I LOVE them. They ride so well. If i had the money, that would be my next car in tuxedo black or white chocolate.

You wont find edges with the 22s all that often. Youd have to order the wheels seperately most likely..

Go with the edge. You wont be disappointed

ff500

Established Member
We had an Edge, it was a silver awd with the glass panoramic roof, my wife loved it. The only reason we got rid of it was she recieved a company car so we traded the Edge in on the pickup we now have. It also had the nav with the sync which are great options to get if you can afford to.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
i just bought the wife a murano, test drove the edge, did not like it. should have more power. went with the murano mainly due to economy. the cvt is a little strange but has been proven reliable, we get 20mpg in town which is amazing since its foot to the floor at every green light here in vegas. i took an edge home for 2 days and got 16 mpg. the other reason we did not go with the edge is the problems we had with the 6sp auto in our explorer.

you cant go wrong with either, pick which one YOU think drives best.

Mika

Established Member
One thing you may want to consider is the dealers. Which one will take care of you? Will the Ford dealer be good to you or the Nissan dealer?

Mika

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
One thing you may want to consider is the dealers. Which one will take care of you? Will the Ford dealer be good to you or the Nissan dealer?

Mika

I may not buy from a dealer. I will find one gently used and pay cash.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I had an 04 Murano.. I was concerned about the CVT on it (handling 245 hp and 250 torque in a 4000 lb vehicle), but when it was traded in with 70K on the clock, the only problem's it had, was the alternator went out (replaced under recall)..

I can't talk about the Edge, since I've never driven one..

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
I used to sell Nissans and got to take Muranos on trips from time to time...

The CVT is nice & smooth. They are comfortable to ride in for long periods of time and are easy to drive...I really loved those and my Ex was really considering one but didn't want the car payment lol

When the Edge came out I was really impressed with it as well but I have never driven one so I can't give any input on it

Mika

Established Member
I may not buy from a dealer. I will find one gently used and pay cash.

That's cool. I'm just sayin' if you bring your car in for service(be it warranty work or the usual oil changes, etc), to think about the dealers service side and how good/bad they are. I see you're in Fort Worth. Good luck with it and smart move to buy cash:).

ModularFan

Established Member
i just bought the wife a murano, test drove the edge, did not like it. should have more power. went with the murano mainly due to economy. the cvt is a little strange but has been proven reliable, we get 20mpg in town which is amazing since its foot to the floor at every green light here in vegas. i took an edge home for 2 days and got 16 mpg. the other reason we did not go with the edge is the problems we had with the 6sp auto in our explorer.

you cant go wrong with either, pick which one YOU think drives best.

My mom has a murano, she like's it so far, no complaint's really, I drive a maxima, and it has the same motor VQ35, the only thing I don't like about the new nissan's is the CVT transmission. It feels like it wants to hunt for gears.

although other then that, it's pretty nice, its the level under the top of the line, cloth seats, no navi, back up cam etc. Its a pretty solid car overall. although like I said before I am not crazy about it.

It drives very much like a car. don't get me wrong, it's pretty decent on gas miledge, about 20-21 in the city, and maybe 23 highway. My mom and I have led foot's so it doesn't get what it should, so Id say about average.

Its got a good amount of pick up as well, 265HP compared to the 255 I got in my maxima, I can't really feel anything difference.

But overall good car.

The Edge on the other hand, from when I worked at a dealership as a lot man, Ford dealer actually, I drove the edge and wasn't really all that impressed, it felt under powered. quite a bit of room, but underpowered it felt. Drove nice as well.

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i've driven both the edge and the murano. i liked the edge alot. nice ride, plenty of space. and the vista roof is pretty sweet. the murano was also nice, but the cvt alone would keep me away from it. i hate those trannies.

boostaholick

Established Member
I don't know about the edge but I have drove an 03 murano and it's very nice(i'm not big on the looks of the front end) But it drives like a car(not real big and bulky) rides very smooth with plenty of power and the AWD in the snow is amazing and also it has the transmission that you never feel shift.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Go with the Edge. Nissan makes great product but right now, Ford is where its at.

Id say go Ford if you were buying new, but since you are used it doesnt really matter since the original owner already made that decision. I guess then it boils down to what the wifey likes, either will be great for her.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I'm usually more of a Ford guy...but we recently bought my wife a 2010 Chevy Equinox. We didn't look at the edge mainly because of price. The Equinox is a really nice car...it's got a ton of leg room for both front and rear passengers and it drives real smooth and quiet. We wanted a crossover but also wanted the best gas mileage out there...we get about 26-28mpg with about 50/50 highway and city traveling. Their 6 cylinder had better power and you can get AWD too. The 4 cylinder is just fine for the wife though :)

edit: guess this post was really useless since I just read you're looking to buy used...I'd get the edge!

Last edited:

OutKast

SVT=Fast
Established Member
We love our edge. It is so nice to drive, and I would not call it underpowered by any means. The AWD is very nice and leather heated seats are the best. It is very comfortable with a decent sounding stereo. We get 16 mpg sitting in a lot of traffic, but on trips we have done 27 mpg. I think they look soooo much better than the nissan. There are not many problems with them that I know of, if any at all. Since 07, all I have done is oil changes and replaced each tail light. However, I have noticed brake lights failing on a lot of cars latley, I think sylvania needs to improve their QC.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Dunno how far Pompano(sp?) is from OP? But if you are close. Go to the Holman Ford dealership.. They will take care of you.. Trust me.. Its who i work for(The compnay, not that dealership; mine is in NJ obviously)..

Last edited:

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
We bought my wife an Edge about a year and a half ago. It had 11K miles on it when we got it. We've put 30K on it & it has been a great vehicle. Lots of room for me in the front (6'3") and I also fit in the back pretty good. Much bigger inside than my sister's Murano. It has good power and is very smooth also. 80mph feels like 40 in it, literally. It doesn't have a whole lot of cargo room, probably because of the big back seat, but it's fine for what we use it for. The stock tires got really loud and worn at about 30K miles, we just replaced them with Michelin LTXs and it's like new again. Great car, I'd buy one again in a second. Hope that helps.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread