ford denied me goin solid most likely

CobraMan69

Established Member
well ford denied my claim and i turned in my warranty the 2000 or so iget from that goes to the lenders and pays off my loan so i am lookin at my cost options now build my irs or solid and i think ive pretty much made up my mind and am goin with solid but i want some opinions so my main reason is cost i think its more cost efficient in the long run so any opinions appriciated and im lookin to sell my irs and or trade it to someone so if u know anyone and im lookin for a fox body cobra rear or a sn95 is what im leaning towards thanks for the hlep guys now plz leave some comments and opinions:shrug:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
wel I know someone with a solid out of a fox for 75 bucks (drum to drum, so you'd have to put the disk and 5 lug in it, but hey, for 75 bucks....) however 04yellow cobra had claimed it. If he still wants it, then it's sold, and I"ll look for another one for ya....if he doesn't, it's yours if you want it.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
CobraMan69 said:
well ford denied my claim and i turned in my warranty the 2000 or so iget from that goes to the lenders and pays off my loan so i am lookin at my cost options now build my irs or solid and i think ive pretty much made up my mind and am goin with solid but i want some opinions so my main reason is cost i think its more cost efficient in the long run so any opinions appriciated and im lookin to sell my irs and or trade it to someone so if u know anyone and im lookin for a fox body cobra rear or a sn95 is what im leaning towards thanks for the hlep guys now plz leave some comments and opinions:shrug:
Ummmm Austin......Any chance you can like use punctuation here so we can understand this and try and help? ;-)

Sorry to hear about the denial, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you can't get that IRS up and running and prepped for some pretty heavy duty use. The MACA has some of the fastest 6 speed, IRS Terminators in the country.

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
This is my setup and its holding up with 600/700. If your looking for more power than this then look into something a little stronger but I'm guessing this should be sufficient.

99 Housing w/ welded tubes.
Eaton posi w/ upgraded clutch paks
Strange 31 spline axles
LPW Ultimate cover w/ axle brace
Wild Ride double adjustable upper control arms

and don't forget to throw some 4.10s in there.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
CobraMan69 said:
k thanks mike that would be awesome is the tubing in good condistion?

Tubing looks fine other than the usual surface rust. Like I said though, 04yellowcobra still has dibs on it since I promised it to him first, but if he doesn't want/need it anymore then it's all yours if you want it :beer:

CobraMan69

Established Member
sorry bout the punctuation dwight and i know irs can be strong my thing right now is cost. it seems that in the long run i build the irs im not happy i can only get maybe 2k for it but now i have no money invested in hardly anything and it just seems if im gonna fix it then im staying irs, but if i get a solid it seems to be cheaper now so im not spending extra money like for exhaust and stuff.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Just saw this. Mike the 87 now has a blown motor ... so I will NOT be looking to build a rear anytime soon. Just keep in mind the fox length rear even with 94-98 axles in it will still be 1.5" narrower than the 99+ axles. Just FYI.

Later

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
04yellowcobra said:
Just saw this. Mike the 87 now has a blown motor ... so I will NOT be looking to build a rear anytime soon. Just keep in mind the fox length rear even with 94-98 axles in it will still be 1.5" narrower than the 99+ axles. Just FYI.

Later

Yeah I kinda figured as much, which is why I posted, but I wasn't willing to sell the rear to anyone else until you said you didn't want it anymore:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread