Ford Customer service rep on here? Need help

YJSONLY

Established Member
Have a on going issue and dealer can't fix or recreate issue. Can anyone help me? 68k truck and having ghost issue.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Not a ford rep, but if you post more details about said truck, maybe a member on here has the same truck and either had the same issue or knows of a forum/thread that can lead you in the right direction.
Year, Model, engine(if app) etc

YJSONLY

Established Member
2015 f350 with nav touch screen

Radio issue going black

On other forum I have only found one other guy who has issue with no fix.

I have video and my dealer agrees something is wrong. But can't fix because there is no code.
And does not do it all the time. So at this point what do I do?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
2015 f350 with nav touch screen

Radio issue going black

On other forum I have only found one other guy who has issue with no fix.

I have video and my dealer agrees something is wrong. But can't fix because there is no code.
And does not do it all the time. So at this point what do I do?

Intermittent issues are difficult to deal with. Without codes or it actually malfunctioning while they have it, there is little the dealer can do to repair. If they throw a $xxxx dollar head unit at it and that doesn't fix it, they'll have to eat that repair.

I don't think the Ford rep is here anymore, but they'd probably inform you to take radio lessens are some shit.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Code for a Radio? Interesting. I work at Nissan and anytime someone has a radio issue we just order a new one. We don't even argue. Cause Bosch and Panasonic make the radios so they send the replacements. Never have any issues.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Intermittent issues are difficult to deal with. Without codes or it actually malfunctioning while they have it, there is little the dealer can do to repair. If they throw a $xxxx dollar head unit at it and that doesn't fix it, they'll have to eat that repair.

I don't think the Ford rep is here anymore, but they'd probably inform you to take radio lessens are some shit.

That's the thing. I have many many videos of it doing it. They have replaced a acm without a code.

Just a shame l and frustrating

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Is this Sync? What I would do is reset the whole thing. Start by doing the soft reset procedure that is outlined in your owners manual for the sync system. If that doesn't cure the issue, do a hard reset by pulling the fuse.

Since I don't own this vehicle I can't tell you want fuse that is, but the couple times I had issues with Sync on my past mustangs, this typically cured any issue it was having. Takes just a couple minutes and doesn't cost you anything if it doesn't fix the issue.

More than likely your truck is out of it's bumper/bumper warranty with the mileage you have. Ford CS will basically tell you it's out of warranty. So if this dealer doesn't know what to do with it, try another dealer.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Is this Sync? What I would do is reset the whole thing. Start by doing the soft reset procedure that is outlined in your owners manual for the sync system. If that doesn't cure the issue, do a hard reset by pulling the fuse.

Since I don't own this vehicle I can't tell you want fuse that is, but the couple times I had issues with Sync on my past mustangs, this typically cured any issue it was having. Takes just a couple minutes and doesn't cost you anything if it doesn't fix the issue.

More than likely your truck is out of it's bumper/bumper warranty with the mileage you have. Ford CS will basically tell you it's out of warranty. So if this dealer doesn't know what to do with it, try another dealer.

I think he was saying it was a $68K truck, not 68K miles. It is a little confusing.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Sorry. Few more details.
$68k
I have did soft and hard reset.

Tried the Ford Cs thing again. I will follow up with dealer know with the case number 2 with this same issue.

Had truck since 4/15. Only has 14,000 miles on it. So it's under the bumper to bumper. The issue is they cannot "find code". But yet I can show pictures and videos...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry. Few more details.
$68k
I have did soft and hard reset.

Tried the Ford Cs thing again. I will follow up with dealer know with the case number 2 with this same issue.

Had truck since 4/15. Only has 14,000 miles on it. So it's under the bumper to bumper. The issue is they cannot "find code". But yet I can show pictures and videos...
There won't be a code. If they can replicate it, they will replace it.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Is this the sync system randomly completely turning off, and rebooting?

Nope.

At first before the replaced acm. The radio could be playing. And just shut off just like you hit the off button. This hasn't happened since.

But now the bottom left where radio station is goes blank not showing station. But radio still playing.

Does this randomly.

YJSONLY

Established Member
That really is odd. Is there another dealership you can try?

Not really the dealer "fault ". Because it doesn't happen when it's there. (My issue).

The want to fix/throw parts. But need ok to do so.

19kobra99

Screwd by Ford
Established Member
I'd say probably the APIM giving you trouble OP. I'm surprised they haven't had a tech open a hotline request. Usually helps in diagnosing problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldmodman

Established Member
Play hardball.
Keep meticulous records of every visit to the dealer. Especially for the same problem.
Then after enough visits lemon law it.

Users who are viewing this thread