Ford contour trans

svtbird99

Established Member
Hey guys you probly had this question asked before but will the reg 98 to 2001 ford contour manual transmission fit the SVTC, im looking to purchase a brand new trans for my car and i just want to make sure its going to fit. im paying 920 for it so its a good deal.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The post 98 trans were the same from regular Contour to SVT Contours. The difference was in the clutch and flywheel. The pre98s had a rod shifter vice the cable shifter, and I believe that is the only difference.

ryanblacksvt

Established Member
Ok now before you put it in there get a Torsen or Quaife lsd and a spec stage 2 or 3 clutch so you have no problems in the future.

svtbird99

Established Member
thats what i was thinking, do you know of a place where i can order it from that would give me a good price for the whole lsd and install kit thats all i need. i have been looking at bat-inc. they seem to have a quaife or torsen and the install kit available.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Your best bet would be to probably source it from a big Focus source for the Torsen to get the best price.

svtbird99

Established Member
not sure where i should start... i have 800 more bones to put into the car. apart from what i had put away to ge the new shift cables and the module for the secondaries..... by the way i need to get a part number for the module for those secondaries i talked to my ford parts dealer and he couldnt find it for me ...... can you guys help get me a parts number i dont even know what that part is called.

contourspd98

Established Member
not sure where i should start... i have 800 more bones to put into the car. apart from what i had put away to ge the new shift cables and the module for the secondaries..... by the way i need to get a part number for the module for those secondaries i talked to my ford parts dealer and he couldnt find it for me ...... can you guys help get me a parts number i dont even know what that part is called.

Don't know the part# but it's called the module is called the intake manifold runner control.

Users who are viewing this thread