Ford CD palyer trouble

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Anyone else have a problem with the in-dash, ford unit?? I have the stocker that came with my Cobra and every once in a while it does a chik-umm, chik-umm thing ( that was pretty good imitaion wasnt it? :rollseyes ) it's pretty friggin annoying, it'll do it for a couple MINUTES and switch from CD to Radio and just annoy the hell outta me. Anyway, am I the only one with this problem? was it a TSB or a recall? Thaks everybody!!

Alex

Vito

Broken
Established Member
Originally posted by Alex_96Cobra
Anyone else have a problem with the in-dash, ford unit?? I have the stocker that came with my Cobra and every once in a while it does a chik-umm, chik-umm thing ( that was pretty good imitaion wasnt it? :rollseyes ) it's pretty friggin annoying, it'll do it for a couple MINUTES and switch from CD to Radio and just annoy the hell outta me. Anyway, am I the only one with this problem? was it a TSB or a recall? Thaks everybody!!

Alex
:lol: great imitation. time to buy an Eclipse deck :-D

Vito

Broken
Established Member
Shoot I just saw where I posted this, can I get this thread moved on over to the east side? or leave it, I dont care. Thanks

A
east side?

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
sorry I got the Jeffersons theme song runnig in my head today, it's just what came outta my fingers

Well hey we're moving on up (movin on up)
to the east side (movin on up)
to a deluxe apartment in the sky y y
Well hey we're moving on up (movin on up)
to the east side (movin on up)
we finally got a piece of the pie hy hy

remeber?

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
Sorry it's Friday and I'm feelin alittle froggy. I aint gettin any work done and I'm cravin a beer and I'm hungry and all in all in just in a weird mood today, please just ignore me.........

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member

Alex

my buddies 95 gt has the cd player, sometimes it does that too. then it works fine.

Vito

Broken
Established Member
Re: Re: Ford CD palyer trouble

Originally posted by quick01snake

my buddies 95 gt has the cd player, sometimes it does that too. then it works fine.

but does it go chikum or chickem?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
My in-dash unit on my Mach 460 just crapped out all the sudden with no warning. It had been working fine and then one day I put a CD in and it didn't read, no noise or nothing. I thought maybe it was a bad CD but after trying about five different ones I came to the conclusion that it was dead. So, I went out and bought an Alpine player. The quality of sound was noticably better so the extra money I had to fork out to replace my CD player was worth it.

Vito

Broken
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
My in-dash unit on my Mach 460 just crapped out all the sudden with no warning. It had been working fine and then one day I put a CD in and it didn't read, no noise or nothing. I thought maybe it was a bad CD but after trying about five different ones I came to the conclusion that it was dead. So, I went out and bought an Alpine player. The quality of sound was noticably better so the extra money I had to fork out to replace my CD player was worth it.
did you think maybe those five cds were bad too :) ok time to buy Kenwood

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Shoot I just saw where I posted this, can I get this thread moved on over to the east side? or leave it, I dont care. Thanks

A
I'll move it to Mustangs for you, and leave a link...

Psychoholic

Established Member
My wife has this same problem with her Cd player in her car.

Mine crapped out about a year ago with the tape deck not working, then the power button would only work sometimes (or after hitting it 27 times). When I'd start the car, the display would say 'TAPE' and no sound, then i'd put a cd in, and it would say 'ERROR'. If I hit eject it went away. If I hit eject and wanted to listen to the radio, I'd have to hit eject, then the station, then the station again then it would come on.

Tuesday the cd player quit working all together. it would take the cd, spin it around a few times, then spit it back out.

I finally broke down and went and bought another head unit (and that was the money I was going to use to get the IMRC delete kit - if I can find one) and I couldn't be happier!!!

I bought a kenwood (ever since my first kenwood I put in my camaro back in high school, I'm a big kenwood fan) KDC-MPV7019 . I figured the mp3 player would suit me better, being whereas I have about 12,000 mp3's on my network here at home (hmmm, 18 songs on a burnt cd or 150 songs on a burnt cd? ).

check this thing out.

Kenwood KDC-MPV7019

Chris (Psychoholic)
www.street-lethal.com

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
How does the head unit jive with th rest of the Mach 460 system? I had to pay a few extra pennies to have the stereo outfit install an aftermarket head unit on my wifes old Explorer(although I dont think the Explorer had a Mach 460 - my memory isnt great right now). They said it was cus the speakers and sub had their own amps on em or something like that. Almost doubled the estimated price.

A

Psychoholic

Established Member
that's bs dude, yes they do have their own amps and whatnot, but you can get a wiring harness for them super easy. You just have to hook up the remote wire on your head unit. I had mine in my car in less than 10 minutes and it sounds amazing!

Chris (Psychoholic)

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
Friggin bastards!! The price literally jumped by 50% I'll never go back there again! Do you ( or any of you) know of a CD changer that would fit in the same place as the stock CD player? How many discs and how much? That would pretty killer!! Thanks!

A

Users who are viewing this thread