Ford Brake Parts...Rip Off??

cobra23

Established Member
So I went to the dealer today for the first time since I bought my car in Aug 2002. I am replacing the front brake pads and wanted to get the little metal e clip that secures the caliper retaining bolt. I nearly fell over when they told me they are $8 bucks each!! This is ridiculous for a .25 cent piece of metal. So I tried Pep Boys and Autozone but no luck.

Does anyone have a source or should I just re use the old ones?

Thanks

Cobra 23 :burnout:

Cobra3158

Established Member
$8 for a circlip.....bwhahahahahahahahhahhahhahaha....yeah....you could say that's a ripoff....unless the original is all bent up, just reuse it.

There's a hardware store near me that sells them in all kinds of sizes..they're like 25 cents.

jimwood

Established Member
Go to Pepboys, they have a variety E-Clip pack. Every damn size you need, 5 bucks. BTW Ford doesn't sell just the e-clip. It's the whole slidding pin, which includes the washer and the e-clip. Some parts guy trying to pocket a quick lunch fee. That sucks. That pin, which includes the e-clip is 17 dollars. My e-clip broke and the pin flew out on the freeway. You can get the steeda like quick release pins at any hardware store. They work okay.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You can always get the quick release clips from Steeda or someone. No more E-clips, just pull-pins.

Users who are viewing this thread