Ford Auto Salespeople - I need some X Plan education....

blowngt

Established Member
I'm going to pick up my new company vehicle on Monday and spoke to the fleet manager about the possibility of purchasing an Explorer Sport for my wife. I told him that thru our company I can get an X Plan pin, and he told me, "I'll get you fleet pricing, it's much better".

2 questions:

Can someone help educate me on what exactly I need to do if I use my X Plan pin so I don't get screwed with dealer fees, and....

Does anyone know if fleet pricing is in fact better than X Plan pricing???

hockeylover86

Established Member
I qualify for X (supplier) pricing also.

I never use it anymore, since you can basically walk in off the street and get better pricing.

I'm not sure what Ford did, but it used to be worth something 10 years ago, not anymore...

Now A Plan (employee) is still significant, but X should go away...

Tispho

Established Member
Supposedly they hate filing the paperwork for it, so they'll usually just give you a price that is equal to or better than x-plan.

01GTB

Established Member
It was a big deal back in the early 2000's when you could walk in a dealership and get a price below invoice without doing anything other than saying' "X Plan." It was like this secret code you had. This was back when not a lot of people would sell you anything at invoice in the first place. Plus no doc fees were allowed. Now it's a little over invoice and a small doc fee is allowed.

I guess it's still not bad if you live in an area where no one comes close to invoice on new vehicles and high doc fees are the norm. Or you just don't want any surprises.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I agree that X Plan pricing is not worth it anymore. However, I qualify for A Plan pricing and from what I've researched, I can't get a better deal than that on almost any vehicle. I've been looking into it a lot lately as I'm about to pick something up.

blowngt

Established Member
Alright, I appreciate the feedback.

I guess we'll see what the fleet manager says tomorrow. I really hate playing the car buying game, but it is what it is.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
X-Plan isn't below invoice.

You can't order an Explorer Sport for Fleet.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Dealer should be able to pull up the vin, and it will show msrp, invoice, all the different plan pricing, and the holdback amount. Look at x plan pricing and negotiate from there.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Agreed with everyone else in here. X-plan isn't special these days. You can negotiate below X plan on your own, but usually not below A-plan. Invoice is somewhere in-between A plan and X plan.

Some people can negotiate below A plan pricing, but it varies greatly depending where you are. For example, I found some people got great prices below A plan pricing in Texas. I couldn't get that cheap, but I was able to get close.

proudgeek

OCD
Established Member
This is xplan pricing and it should be better than trucar. Of course, you need to factor all other incentives. It's not a bad deal and hassle free.

Inv - ( 0.4% * Inv ) + $275 + ( from $0 to $100 doc fee) - ( $500 extra for xplan incentive)

Last edited:

B-O-B'03

Established Member
When we bought the Wife's F150, last May, I had X plan through work and ended up negotiating a better deal on my own.

We paid $39,700 +TT&L for her loaded F150 Platinum edition, that had a $52K MSRP on it.

Do your home work, shop local inventory, on-line, from the Ford web page, you should be able to beat x plan.

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread