ford 9" questions

darby

Cheaters Inc
Established Member
My 31 spline moser 9" housing/axle package will be out for delivery wednesday......

my question for you racing guys is, what are some factory 9" rears that id be able to find a 31 spline 4.xx gear (4.33 would be nice but wouldnt complian with 4.11) and a decent posi in.......

So basically Im going to do some junkyard hopping and want to know what I need to look for,what has what.

Im having to foot a big bill for the custom housing to fit my camaro, so I have to pinch pennys on the center section.

any help is appreciated :thumbsup:

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
I'm not quite sure. Have you looked into any of the older muscle era cars that may have came with them? If so let me know also. :)

white98snake

Established Member
i dnoo man if ur goin through the trouble of getting a new housing i would just swing the extra $ and get a auburn pro and some c-clip eliminators, or hell if its gonna be a track car just put a strange spool in it with the gears of ur choice

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
white98snake said:
i dnoo man if ur goin through the trouble of getting a new housing i would just swing the extra $ and get a auburn pro and some c-clip eliminators, or hell if its gonna be a track car just put a strange spool in it with the gears of ur choice
9 inch doesn't have c-clips. Finding a factory pumpkin with a good locker and gears will be like finding a hens tooth. Most of the good factory locker/gear stuff were in drag pack cars and other rarities. Good luck. I would just find a good 9 inch center section and swing in a detroit locker and a good set of gears.

Users who are viewing this thread