Ford 5.4 GT500 Long Block!

griz_83ho

Established Member
Hey guys need a little help, I ran across what is said to be a factory long block 5.4 GT500 engine. I was just wondering if anyone can give me an idea on how to identify if it is for sure a correct GT500 long block. Casting numbers on block, heads, etc. Thanks in advance, Kris
Also what is the average price for one of these?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
is there a build plate on the valve cover?

my guess to price 7500-8500 depending on mileage

griz_83ho

Established Member
5.4 gt500!

That would be the one im talking about, its a hell of a steal if its real but just not sure. Im sure its a hell of a deal no matter what it is but, just trying to verify.

skyhighsd

Established Member
I have looked at those pics more than a few times, hell even posted what I thought it was in the thread (same screen name). Even thought about buying the short block, I know for a fact the heads are off of a gt500 and lower crank pulley the idlers are right. If you are going to buy it make sure to pull the pan and at least the valve covers off of it before you buy it. One problem with the block is ford did not put the vin on it, so that is one less way to say for sure. For the price you could recoup most of the money he is asking for it sell those alone. He seems really hard up for money offer him 500 less if he takes it I cant see how you could go wrong. The lower intake is going to expensive just so you know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread