Ford 3" exhaust

SAcobra427

Established Member
I Just picked up my Ford Racing 3" cat back (M-5230- M55) yesterday and put it on last night-- and took it back off today !! It was so loud I could not believe it was a Ford part. I know they say it may be "objectionable" in some applications well let me tell you they ane not kidding. I can honestly say I have not heard a cat back on a mustang that was louder than this one and yes I still have the stock H pipe on the car. It did seem to add power to the top end of the rpm range. I also noticed that although the mufflers are the oval type and look just like the stock ones you can see straight through them !!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i was under the impression that the stinger was pretty loud too. he may want to go w/ the regular borla instead.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
QMP has an excellent system. I have their 3" full exhaust on mine. Sounds stock at idle and at 1/4 throttle, but once you put your foot in it just a little, it really comes alive. Wish I had a sound clip to share. Its worth checking out. Yea, I've heard the Stinger with an O/R X, way too loud.

Users who are viewing this thread