Forced to change exhaust...not convinced on it.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Gt500 mufflers didn't work with gt350 valance. Went with magnaflows as replacements and later on changed to a 2.5" x pipe to remove the bottle neck on the resonator as I mod more. Not convinced on the sound below 2000 RPMs but I think it sounds crisp and exotic at WOT. Might keep an eye out for some 2018 take off mufflers when they hit the streets.

Current setup... SP catted LTs, resonator delete X pipe, magnaflow 5x9s. 2.5" exhaust.

Old setup... SP catted LTs, stock resonator, GT500 mufflers..

calebdnehus

Established Member
If the '18 mufflers have the valve placed above the inside pipe exit pipe, then you may be able to rig up the active exhaust if you're feeling up to it. That would be cool

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I think it sounds great with that set up, especially under load. Looks even better.

DarkMach1

Established Member
If the '18 mufflers have the valve placed above the inside pipe exit pipe, then you may be able to rig up the active exhaust if you're feeling up to it. That would be cool

Don't really care for active unless it's an easy setup. Butterfly open is fine

I think it sounds great with that set up, especially under load. Looks even better.

Thanks. Wife still approves so it isn't too loud. Just annoys me a bit when you're taking off from a light and you find yourself in 3rd or 4th at 25mph and just the right throttle, It drones a bit there but that's normal TCM strategy, if I put it in sport it's no prob because it holds each shift longer.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I like the sound of it cruising, not a huge fan of the scream at WOT but you mentioned you wanted exotic.

The good news is, that valence looks incredible.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I like the sound of it cruising, not a huge fan of the scream at WOT but you mentioned you wanted exotic.

The good news is, that valence looks incredible.

I wanted to keep it as it was but couldn't. I will try to get it back to that just need to find the proper muffler. Remember the camera is right next to the exhaust tips so it makes it sound way louder.

Users who are viewing this thread