forced induction... which system and why?

stang1971

Established Member
i think im gonna go f/i on the mustang. Now im just tring to decide which system. i was thinking procharger since they are local here in kc and i can get one alot cheaper then i can a whipple... i like the hellion turbo kit too but cant seem to find any hp info on it.

Turbosixx

Established Member
I went with the Roush 2.3 TVS from VMP Tuning. I have not seen a FI kit out perform it on an automatic car with the stock torque converter.

Turbosixx

Established Member
Since you have a 2800 stall, you're certainly not limited to one particular FI kit. The Hellion will probably the best performing system, just hasn't been proven yet. Give it a year or so.

For me the TVS works perfectly because I hate loose converters.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
i think im gonna go f/i on the mustang. Now im just tring to decide which system. i was thinking procharger since they are local here in kc and i can get one alot cheaper then i can a whipple... i like the hellion turbo kit too but cant seem to find any hp info on it.

July 2011 MM&FF: Hellion turbo kit install on '11 GT 6A. 6psi = 552rwhp, 605 rwtq, pump gas + stock cat-back.

A 6M car with a dyno tune (still 6psi) hit 640rwhp, 748 rwtq. Spicy. :pepper:

kevinp

Established Member
That 2800 converter will be a 3800 with a PD blower I bet :)

Not that thats a bad thing, but its kind of in the middle for a PD or a centri. Turbo is nice but if you are looking for great ETs getting it to spool and 60 foot without a trans brake with a tighter converter may not work so I'd wait for some track results. Thats if ETs matter to you anyhow..

Have to look at your long term goals, for a more street car down to 9.90 or so IMO the PD blowers seem like a winner. Faster than that I would go with a big centri (drive considerations) or larger turbo. But at that point you would be looking into a trans brake and the stock trans may not like you very much for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread