for you texas guys/gals

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
im moving to el paso texas and wondering if anybody here is in the west side of texas or el paso area...question is what in the hell is a swamp cooler they use in the home and not a/c.. if any body knows please tell me if this really works apposed to a/c :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

thanks brett

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
BWAHAHAHA, sorry, but I've never met anyone who didn't know a swamp cooler is. It's basically a refrigerator hanging on the side of you house. It cools water in the tank and blows the air over the cooled water into the home. Definetly try to get yourself a central heating, and air system. World of difference, swamp coolers cause great amounts of humidity.

ls1marine

GO BIG
Established Member
well dude the thing about el paso is it gets super hot but not humid so if u just have some cool wind then it feels fine and all a swamp cooler is when the air is cooled by water instead of a compresser its also alot cheaper. also make sure its locked up because their alot of thieves around

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
so you guys are saying that it won't cool like a/c...shi.t...im a florida boy here..o well thats what happens when you live in the wild wild west...i guess ill get a window a/c unit:nonono:

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
zerocool said:
BWAHAHAHA, sorry, but I've never met anyone who didn't know a swamp cooler is. It's basically a refrigerator hanging on the side of you house. It cools water in the tank and blows the air over the cooled water into the home. Definetly try to get yourself a central heating, and air system. World of difference, swamp coolers cause great amounts of humidity.

do you have a swamp cooler..if so is a/c nessary

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
I'm in el paso brett and my parents and I have centralized air system and it's a whole hell of a lot better than my gf's swamp cooler. PM if you need anything. Where did you move here from.

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
im leaving fla. in 2 weeks my wife landed a life time career in the medical field and forced me to early retirement so that is where i have to live and i have never been out west at all...she tells me that you had alot of rain there:coolman:

94SN95

Established Member
svt cobra brett said:
im moving to el paso texas and wondering if anybody here is in the west side of texas or el paso area...question is what in the hell is a swamp cooler they use in the home and not a/c.. if any body knows please tell me if this really works apposed to a/c :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

thanks brett

How funny my wife is from Redding California and now she is living in Arkansas. One day I turned on my Attic fan and she heard it and asked did I turn on the Swamp cooler :dw: my response was what is a Swamp cooler so she explained and I still did not know what she was talking about?? So I looked it up on line and sure enuf there it was SWAMP COOLERS Damm could not believe it.

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
94SN95 said:
How funny my wife is from Redding California and now she is living in Arkansas. One day I turned on my Attic fan and she heard it and asked did I turn on the Swamp cooler :dw: my response was what is a Swamp cooler so she explained and I still did not know what she was talking about?? So I looked it up on line and sure enuf there it was SWAMP COOLERS Damm could not believe it.

yea its all new to me brother...im just an old florida boy..:coolman:

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
whtgt02vert said:
I'm in el paso brett and my parents and I have centralized air system and it's a whole hell of a lot better than my gf's swamp cooler. PM if you need anything. Where did you move here from.

yea jake when i get up there/over there..lol ill look you up...ill need new friends plus maybe a job so i don't go crazy lookin at the moutains :thumbsup:

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
we had a lot of rain the week of the 1st. IT basically flooded us really bad. Hey the people here are always complaining about it not raining and they got and now complain about it being too much. Well have a safe trip.
Jake

KB VENOM

Banned
Well when you get here go for refrigirated air, we had swamp cooler and it S@cked, when the wife got pregnant she begged for the refr. air. Hey and welcome to El Paso

KB VENOM

Banned
Well when you get here go for refrigirated air, we had swamp cooler and it S@cked, when the wife got pregnant she begged for the refr. air. Hey and welcome to El Paso

KB VENOM

Banned

KB VENOM

Banned

Users who are viewing this thread