? for you kenne bell guys

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
where did you buy and how much did it cost you.looking at going with the blowzilla 2.2l but the price of $6500 is way to much.and i can get an eaton with everything i need to put it on my car for $1500,what do you think?.thanks

Snake Eyes

Established Member
UGGGGGGG! For the last time for everyone that ever wants to ask this stupid question again. You can NOT simply bolt an eaton to a 99/01 cobra. There are thousands of dollars of small parts that are needed for the conversion. Just because it looks the same it isnt. The 03/04 cobra engine is quite different than the 99/01. That is the reason the KB kit cost so much. If you want to know more SEARCH!!!!!!

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
Snake Eyes said:
UGGGGGGG! For the last time for everyone that ever wants to ask this stupid question again. You can NOT simply bolt an eaton to a 99/01 cobra. There are thousands of dollars of small parts that are needed for the conversion. Just because it looks the same it isnt. The 03/04 cobra engine is quite different than the 99/01. That is the reason the KB kit cost so much. If you want to know more SEARCH!!!!!!
thx for the ****in attitude,tried searchin but i kept gettin errors with the search feature.have a nice ****in day yourself.and i was just wondering from the kenne bell guys were they bought theres thx

Last edited:

machsp33d

Jim Garv
Established Member
I have a mach 1 but basically the same kit, it lists for 6,799 but saved 200 and got it for 6,599 from Johnnny Lightning Performance, i think 6,689 shipped! well atlease its on its way

yelostang

Established Member
Snake Eyes said:

You really don't need to be a jerk when someone asks a legit question. This is the deal, I'm doing a turbo conversion on my 03 cobra and I'm looking to sell ALL of the pieces that come off in the process in one packaged deal. I was told the swap would work, if not post up and tell me why.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
yelostang said:
You really don't need to be a jerk when someone asks a legit question. This is the deal, I'm doing a turbo conversion on my 03 cobra and I'm looking to sell ALL of the pieces that come off in the process in one packaged deal. I was told the swap would work, if not post up and tell me why.

See this link? The one that is stickied at the top of the forum? That allows him to be annoyed.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180943

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Hay man sorry if it came off as an attitude. That isn't what I or this forum is about. It wasn't attitude just frustration because this question has been asked over and over again. There is a parts list that will tell you everything needed for the swap (yes it has been done by some forum members) and it ends up costing about as much or more (depending on install price) than the Kenne Bell kit. And after all that you still have a much more inefficient blower. Therefore less power with potentially more money spent. If you want instant power and you are willing to spend the money there are 4 ways to get it. twin turbo kit, Kenne Bell kit, low compression centrifugal build up, or high compression big bore naturally aspirated build up. An Eaton swap is just not practical considering there are far better options. If you dont beleave me ask the people that have done it.

And as a note. If you are asking a question that has probably been asked before please do a search first. If you tried and had trouble or weren't able to find the information needed please include that in the post to avoid problems. Admittedly there are a few topics that piss me off the most because they are asked at nausium and they have been answered so many times they are now covered in the forum sticky posts.

Last edited:

RoyWoods

Established Member
I posted on this thread a while back and I think it helps to answer a lot of swap questions: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256321&page=3&pp=25. My impressions were, don't do it unless you have an '03 sitting next to your car that you can sit and "part out." An '03 that had been smashed in the rear end and "totaled," that you picked up for almost nothing (e.g. $1000.00), would be a perfect candidate. It might be a better candidate for other things, but you get the point.

Just be sure to take what Snake Eyes said into account about power, performance, alternatives, etc. Personally, if I ever did a supercharger, it'd be the KB or nothing. I'd probably buy directly from them as well. I'd hate to have missed something in the "fine print" of another reseller and get shortchanged somehow (i.e. product updates, recall, etc.). What's another $200 when you're already talking $6K anyway????

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
my bad on not puttin all the info down,thanks for the link roywoods.the eaton has all the power im lookin for with a steig stage iv and the motor will be forged and maybe a .20 overbore.i just had trouble with the search so i posted.

Users who are viewing this thread