For Those With The Hood Mod...

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by Hunter
I just finished my hood mod. I bought 25' of the Flex Trim and have some left. I would sell it for what I paid per foot if anybody is interested shoot me a PM.($1.75 per foot) I have 19' left. That is enough to do three more cars.

Hunter, glad to see it worked out for you. Did you get it from West Marine?

If you get a chance, post some pics., I would love to see pics. of your redfire.

C

:beer:

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Originally posted by byevette
Hunter, glad to see it worked out for you. Did you get it from West Marine?

If you get a chance, post some pics., I would love to see pics. of your redfire.

C

Yes, I bought it from West Marine. Thanks for telling me where you bought yours! :) I didn't want a 25' roll, but just like you, everyone I knew of had used all of theirs. Well, like I said, I have 19' left if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM. Just looking to get back what I paid per foot.

Last edited:

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
OK, people, I'm down to 12 feet left. That's enough to do 2 more hood mods. PM me if you want what's left.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: For Those With The Hood Mod...

Originally posted by DD2000GT
Actually - I have seen his hood mod - that is why I decided to do mine. I think it is one of the better ones I have seen.

If you are going to post pics of your work in an online forum and ask for opinions, don't get so pissed when someone gives it to you. If you are so thin skined, keep your pics to yourself.

BTW - just to show I am not a hippocrite, here is mine:

Dans Hood Mod

Let me clear this up:

The whole point of my reply to Lifter is because of the negative comment. You have to admit that it is very hippocritical of Lifter to write a negative post, and then not back it up with his own work.

That is great if Lifter did a great job. I am sure he did as I am sure you did as well. For what it is worth, I saw one that was not the best and thus I decided to do the mod as well.

It also comes down to, "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

Check my posts, see if I have EVER written anything negative about anyone's mod\accessory.

I am not the type of person who goes off like this. It just irritates me when people give their negative opinions on someone's work...Yes, I know, that is hippocritical of me.

Last edited:

lifter213

Established Member
Sorry if it came off rude but you did ask for comments/opinions didnt you? I was just trying to point out what it looked like to me. If you cant take a little negative feedback off of a message board you have some problems. And in all its just MY opinion and its MY opinion that when i saw the blanket i think i would've spent more time on it to make it look better. :shrug: I think its funny when someone posts stuff on here and asks for opinions on it and when a few people have some negative things to say and they get all pissed off lol.

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Ok, all of my Flex Trim is spoken for. If anyone backs out I will post it up again. Thanks to all who replied.

docs03

Established Member
T3 Cobra

What did you do to the Cobra lettering on the blanket? Is that paint or did you cut it out? If it's paint where did you get it?

Thanks

doc

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by docs03
T3 Cobra

What did you do to the Cobra lettering on the blanket? Is that paint or did you cut it out? If it's paint where did you get it?

Thanks

doc

I taped it off on the hood blanket, took a long time, the paint is just regular fabric paint from a hobby store, took 4 coats.

It looks better in person, the camera flash does not do it justice.

Now my vents are open

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Painted liner looks good T3! I guess I'll have to go and find a Redfire type color for mine.:beer:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by Hunter
Painted liner looks good T3! I guess I'll have to go and find a Redfire type color for mine.:beer:

I took my bottle of ford touch up paint with me to match up in the hobby store. There were so many colors and I know there were some colors there that looked very close if not exact to the redfire color.
You will need a flat small brush and pick up a roll of 3m masking tape, 1" wide or so. The hardest part is taping it off, takes hours and is tedious.
Put one coat on each day for a total of 4.
After you remove the masking tape you will still need to touch up some edges but that it easy with a shinny black magic marker and a straight edge.

I also sprayed my entire blanket first with a basic black engine paint non gloss, it looks better than new.

Here is a pic of the fabric paint I used, this is a matte finish paint.
Should be available in any hobby store like "Michaels" is where I purchased my stuff. Good Luck!

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
T3- Thanks for all of the info! I will buy all of the stuff tomorrow. I am excited to get this done, as it really finishes out the engine compartment.:beer:

ronreid03

Established Member
T3,

That looks good. I, too, have a yellow car, so the pic is especially interesting to me. I have a pint of zinc yellow automotive paint. I wonder if that'd work as well.

Ron Reid
03 Yellow Convertible

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
WARNING - if you put tape on a stock hood blanket - you WILL pull off part of the blanket with the tape - and it will look like CRAP. I did this on the "C" on mine, then did freehand the rest of the letters because of this...

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by ronreid03
T3,

That looks good. I, too, have a yellow car, so the pic is especially interesting to me. I have a pint of zinc yellow automotive paint. I wonder if that'd work as well.

Ron Reid
03 Yellow Convertible

I tried the automotive paint, I have a spray can of zinc yellow that I had ordered. I sprayed some in a can top and tried it but all it did was soak into the blanket and spread out. What I did NOT try was to actually spray paint it after the letters were masked off. That might work better, I don't know?

DD2000GT:
I did not have any issue with the masking tape pulling off any of the hood blanket?

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by T3 Cobra
DD2000GT:
I did not have any issue with the masking tape pulling off any of the hood blanket?

Did you tape it before or after you painted the entire blanket with the black paint? That would make a BIG difference I would suppose...

Last edited:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by norcal_cobra
This is a little off topic, but related. How are you cleaning your engines and with what?

-norcal_cobra

I clean mine by hand with a clean rag and some window cleaner and patience.

I refuse to bath it with a pressure hose.

Users who are viewing this thread