for those with satellite radio...

nhancedsvt

Established Member
i am thinking of getting satellite radio in my mustang since i am now driving an hour back and forth to work. those of you that have it, how do you like it? also which is better xm or sirius? what type of plug-and-play receiver would you recommend? thanks for any help!:banana:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Its awesome. No commericals. Little talk. I prefer Sirius cause I love the OCTANE channel. Plays anything from Metallica to chevelle to pearl jam. Wide variety of new rock and some older badass songs. The only station I like on XM is bluesville but only from 1-3pm

nhancedsvt

Established Member
i have to find out what type of satellite radio my fiance's car has and that will probably be the one i go with. if anyone knows it's a scion tc...

Tedisky

Need more Money!!!!!
Established Member
We have XM in all of our vehicles. I have had it for the last 4 yrs., I don't think I could have a car without it.

blownbra925

Established Member
XM!!!! I had it for awhile now and i love Opie and Anthony! they are on XM from 6-12. and if you like rock 47-48-52 are awesome. i couldnt work without it! and i have an alpine radio with the antenna and reciever kit..

03vert70charger

Established Member
I can't comment on sirius, but I have XM. I love it. Always something good on. I am not sure exactly, but I think sirius has more NFL coverage, which would be awesome.

Search

Established Member
XM is great. Channel 152 (Extreme XM I think) has the best talk show I've ever heard.

Lex and Terry from 10 am to 2 pm (Central).

Regardless, the price per month is the same according to a google search and from what I can tell from my friends who have Sirius.. the channels aren't much different.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I received a subscription to Sirius as a gift for Christmas from my best friend. He bought a new car that came with it and every time I rode with him I would always play with the radio and comment on the variety of channels and sound quality. So with all the driving that I do for work, he thought it would be a great gift. It is! No commercials, the station you're listening to never gets "fuzzy" or fades, no stupid DJ rants (unless you listen to the talk channels), and tons of different genres of music. I can't speak for XM, but Sirius is great.

snakecharmer

Established Member
I have both. Sirius in everything but the Vette.

The vette is about to get an appointment to be converted from XM to Sirius. XM sucks.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Its awesome. No commericals. Little talk. I prefer Sirius cause I love the OCTANE channel. Plays anything from Metallica to chevelle to pearl jam. Wide variety of new rock and some older badass songs. The only station I like on XM is bluesville but only from 1-3pm

Same here! I'll flip it to 28 Faction in the afternoons though to hear SH'BOY Red Dragon a.k.a. 6 pound a.k.a. Jason Ellis. :rockon:

I've had Sirius going on 3 years now. When I got my new car and realized it didn't have it, I had to install my old Starbase into it.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Either one will work for you, i'd check out their websites and look at the channel line up to see which one fit you best.
XMRadio.com
SIRIUS.com

They are both $12.95 a month and require a $10 activation fee, no contracts and the music is commercial free.

There are a ton of receivers running from about $50-$350 depending on what you want. If it were me and going in my car, i'd get an aftermarket radio that is sat ready and get the direct adaptors to get you digital quality and a clean look. If you want to bring it into your house you can get a plug and play receiver and use it pretty much anywhere. Either way you go you should be happy with it.

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread