For those with handheld tuners.

Rios302

Established Member
I have two questions. For those with Bama tuners which tune do you use most for street use? I myself use the performance tune most of the time. I find the race tune too aggressive for daily driving and in my opinion the engine doesn't sound as good unless you are full throttle, I do like it on the weekends though, it reminds me of my old 2004 Mustang GT in terms of driving dynamics.

I am also not too familiar with the data log, I have the sct4 if any can give me any info on this and weather its worth doing them.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I have two questions. For those with Bama tuners which tune do you use most for street use? I myself use the performance tune most of the time. I find the race tune too aggressive for daily driving and in my opinion the engine doesn't sound as good unless you are full throttle, I do like it on the weekends though, it reminds me of my old 2004 Mustang GT in terms of driving dynamics.

I am also not too familiar with the data log, I have the sct4 if any can give me any info on this and weather its worth doing them.

Hey Rios - I always find myself on the Race Tune - It's the most entertaining for me and I get the most out of it. If I think I'm going to sitting in bumper to bumper traffic I'll switch back to the Street tune but for my commute on the day to day, it's the Race Tune all the time.

In regards to getting a Data Log set up that's a really good question and I think that it's the best way for the Bama Team to really dial in your car. If you're wondering How To Datalog take a look Right Over Here and Right Here to see what Parameters the Bama Guys ask that you log.

I'm more than happy to have one of their Lead Calibrator contact you directly if you'd like to get you set up, just shoot me a PM with your contact info and the best time you can be reached and they can have you set up!

Alex

MRGTX

Established Member
I find myself using "stock."
I had an early custom tune from American Muscle, got scared by folks with #8 failures, went back to stock and just stayed there.

The extra 5% power isn't worth the risk to an engine I can't afford to replace...but that's just me.

Rios302

Established Member
I think the #8 thing happens to highly stressed modified engines from folks who take their car to the track on regular basis. For a daily driving and a track day here and there I don't think this issue is something to worry about. The car is pretty capable out of the factory but once you feel the difference a tunes makes, you won't want anything but more.

scottmac2000

Established Member
I had the Bama race tune on my '13 since 08/12. Yesterday switched to a Lund from lethal and wow, what a difference especially down low. Getting a tune changes these cars from a sporty family car to sporty muscle car.

Users who are viewing this thread