? for those with afs 17x9s up front

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I just got around to putting my new afs 17x9/17x10.5 bullitts on my 94 cobra. I only got the front on for now since my rear tires aren't here yet. But anyway it seems my backspacing must be incorrect for the front. i'm running 255/45/17s up front until they wear out and even though they a tad smaller than i'd like on the wheels, they still stick out about a 1/4" out the fenders. I'm sure with 275/40s it would be even worse. It doesn't look bad at all but i'm worried about rock chips. Is this normal? or is it just mine?

This is the specs for them:
SIZE AND SPECIFICATIONS: We have combined two different size wheels on this auction. There are two 17" x 9" (+24mm with 5.95" backspacing) for the front and two 17"x10.5" (+27mm with 6.9" backspacing) for the rear. They are 5-lug (5 on 4 ½).

Last edited:

MAXX RS4

Established Member
5.0 Hatch said:
I just got around to putting my new afs 17x9/17x10.5 bullitts on my 94 cobra. I only got the front on for now since my rear tires aren't here yet. But anyway it seems my backspacing must be incorrect for the front. i'm running 255/45/17s up front until they wear out and even though they a tad smaller than i'd like on the wheels, they still stick out about a 1/4" out the fenders. I'm sure with 275/40s it would be even worse. It doesn't look bad at all but i'm worried about rock chips. Is this normal? or is it just mine?

This is the specs for them:
SIZE AND SPECIFICATIONS: We have combined two different size wheels on this auction. There are two 17" x 9" (+24mm with 5.95" backspacing) for the front and two 17"x10.5" (+27mm with 6.9" backspacing) for the rear. They are 5-lug (5 on 4 ½).

I believe you have the correct backspacing. My wheels/tires are either perfectly flush or they stick out a very small amount - it's hard to tell. Unless it looks awkward, I wouldnt worry about it. Though you may have trouble with inspection.

Post some pics? You could have the wrong offset wheels in a correctly labeled box..? Did you check the wheels or the label or anything like that?

Users who are viewing this thread