For those with AC delete

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am in the process of deleting my AC. I have already removed the condensor and have the tools to remove the lines and then will remove the condensor.

I have found 2 ways to remove the condensor.
1. An idler pulley that replaces the condensor and leaves the stock size belt in place.
2. The Ford kit that moves the power steering pump to the condensor location, like how the car would be if it had no AC from the factory. This requires a new/shorter belt.

What methods have you guys used and what were the pros and cons of each method? I want to get an idea of reliability or issues that either of these methods might cause.

Right now I am leaning toward using the idler pulley. It will cost a little more for the kit, but then I don't have to buy a belt and no moving any other parts.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Dame Bro good subject in the process my self,hope fully u get some good feed back so i can feed off it..lol

WillyB93

Established Member
The question should be do you ever plan on returning the AC on the car?? If so I would use the idler, If not may look toward moving stuff!!!!

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
i deleted the PS also went with a manual alt bracket and a crown vic water pump
IMG00397.jpg

IMG00396.jpg

wheelhopper

Established Member
^ Now that is one clean engine compartment. If you got an electric water pump you almost would not need a belt.

Is your car mostly for street, drag, or road course. I use mine on the street with about 12-14 road course days per year. I am not sure how eliminating the PS would effect me for that.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Also manual rack but with CSR water pump and March pulley set up and 130 Amp alt from a 95 mustang

DSC03652.jpg

any other shots of the belt set up? im looking at getting a CSR pump also but not sure yet cuz i really dont feel like dicking with finding the right size belt again. took me forever to find a correctly sized belt for this set up. went throw a few 40" belts before i found a 40" belt that fit right

^ Now that is one clean engine compartment. If you got an electric water pump you almost would not need a belt.

Is your car mostly for street, drag, or road course. I use mine on the street with about 12-14 road course days per year. I am not sure how eliminating the PS would effect me for that.

bout to get alot cleaner. im going to pull the wire harness soon prob brake lines also and repaint the bay to match the car. the last owner started to do things in flat black and it keep that so i wouldnt have to redo it all. it just doesnt look good to me. so im going to body match it with rattle cans from www.automotivetouchup.com

abcstyers

Established Member
I'd do the idler pulley set up for. I did the delete that moved the PS up, and that bracket bent and now my PS pulley is tearing my belt to shreads...

wheelhopper

Established Member
I think I am going to order the idler pulley. I don't feel like messing with a new belt. Maybe down the road I'll switch to the factory, no AC, setup.

Users who are viewing this thread