for those with 4#s

littleflip_69

Established Member
i just installed my 4# lower pully and i set the programmer on the 93 octane with pulley and it runs like crap...its surgin real bad...i think its runnin way lean...i have a apt set up with local dyno shop like 2 wks from now i was wodering if i should like go in and mess with teh fuel just a bit to richin it up or just leave it alone till i can get a dyno and dont go WOT till then?

Lightning Steve

Established Member
How did it run with the 4# and stock program? If it was okay I'd just run it like that (and drive easy) till your tune.
If you can richen it up with the programmer (some others know more than I do so I wont give advice here) give it a try.
Is the surgin just under heavy boost?
Do you have a A/F gauge?

littleflip_69

Established Member
stock program as in no programer?...i did put it on just 93 octane tune to try it and it done but didnt seem as bad...but then i put it back on the 93 octane with pulle and it still done it and i went in and went to the WOT tune and set the 1k to 3.5k back 2 notchs (closer to rich it was almsot to lean) and done teh same for the 3.5k to 6k both of those settings was like 3 notchs from being all the way LEAN...:S..it seemed like it didnt surge as bad...but idk what to do...i think im gonna c if they can get me in sometime this wk to dyno tune it

littleflip_69

Established Member
sounded like it whined smoother...instead of cuttin out..i guess my best bet is just to leave it alone and wait till i can get a good dyno tune

littleflip_69

Established Member
also about the 4#

i installed me a autometer boost guage and it reads to 20 psi and it only hits 10lbs and sometimes jumps to 12lbs with and this is with a 4#...it also hesatates when my truck starts surgen...i had this pully on about a month ago and it was on for a wk and still didnt run all that right so i took it off till i could save the moeny and go get a good dyno tune but it would take the stock boost guage way past 10lbs...:S...is this normal

littleflip_69

Established Member
yea i replaced the fuel filter about a month ago and the plugs i just had put in 4 wks ago NGK TR6S and there gaped at .36

littleflip_69

Established Member
so with the 4# it shouldnt go no more than 12 psi?...if so then i think its allright..no i dont have no black dust around the upper pulley...

Users who are viewing this thread