For those who r considering ET Street Radials

cornholio

Established Member
Just a little info / track results for those who are considering ET Street tires.

My '03 puts down 527/525. I have been using Nitto DR's for a while. 3 sets. I also have 4.10 gears, so launching has always been an extreme issue. DR's really did not help me in first gear at all. They did help in the other gears, but my 60 ft times were terrible (+-2.2). I consider myself an above average driver and I tried every type of launch.

I went ahead and purchased a set of 315 x 35 x 17 ET Street Radial II's. At 20 PSI, the tires, compared to the others, were amazing. I launched at about 4 grand. Not dumping the clutch, but launching fairly hard. I was able to finally ride out first gear and only managed to haze the tires a little.

I was able to get my 60 ft time down to the low/mid 1.8's. I know there is more there, but I have the stock IRS/half shafts and am weary of breaking something with a harder launch. Ran the 1/8, 7.73 @ 94.5 mph.

For those who are having the traction issues, and are considering an upgrade, it is worth the $ to get these tires.

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
Good to hear! I just put a set on my car last week. Unfortunately I haven't driven it yet due to other mods in progress.

Last edited:

yellowgt02

Established Member
Ill say that the ET Street Radials are great for the street if you are running the IRS still.

For the track, you cant beat a ET Street(Bias Ply). Watch your 60's go down and your car get quicker.

After making a few passes on them this year...I will not go back to running a stiff sidewall tire for the track.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Great to hear, as I plan to run these on the street with my KB 2.2!

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Great to hear, as I plan to run these on the street with my KB 2.2!

Joe, you plan to run these everyday on the street? I would love to do that if it wasn't my daily.

Did you find a daily or am I trippin and you have had a daily driver this whole time?! lol

cornholio

Established Member
Everyday driving on these tires is a stretch. Unless you have another primary driver. I hear ya on the ET Streets, but I wanted a larger DOT tire. These will be in the garage unless I am going to the track.
When I first got them, I was fairly unsure on how they would perform. But let me tell ya, after the first run, and after heating them up pretty good, they are STICKY tires.

And FYI.......I went ahead and ran my last run without heating them up and smoked'm out of the hole. Expensive, but worth it if you want to get the best out of a street radial tire.

cornholio

Established Member
I took them down to 20 psi. Next time I will give it a shot at about 15. I was happy with the way it hooked at 20, and I needed to drive home so i left it there.

Nino S

Established Member
I love them!! I would not run them everyday though because you will be going through them every couple thousand miles. I have not had a chance to run them at the track but with 15#'s they hook right around 4k rpms in first gear on the street with my KB.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I recently bought a set of the MT drag radials for my old 17" X 10" wheels (315-35-17). I haven't made it to the track with them yet, but will probably start at 20-25 psi and see how they hook. :banana:

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
Just a little info / track results for those who are considering ET Street tires.

My '03 puts down 527/525. I have been using Nitto DR's for a while. 3 sets. I also have 4.10 gears, so launching has always been an extreme issue. DR's really did not help me in first gear at all. They did help in the other gears, but my 60 ft times were terrible (+-2.2). I consider myself an above average driver and I tried every type of launch.

I went ahead and purchased a set of 315 x 35 x 17 ET Street Radial II's. At 20 PSI, the tires, compared to the others, were amazing. I launched at about 4 grand. Not dumping the clutch, but launching fairly hard. I was able to finally ride out first gear and only managed to haze the tires a little.

I was able to get my 60 ft time down to the low/mid 1.8's. I know there is more there, but I have the stock IRS/half shafts and am weary of breaking something with a harder launch. Ran the 1/8, 7.73 @ 94.5 mph.

For those who are having the traction issues, and are considering an upgrade, it is worth the $ to get these tires.

what wheels do you have?

stangliter04

Established Member
I am buying the ET Street radial 2's this week... I am going to run them on the street and stip but my cars not a daily.

Side note I have a stupid question about the ET Street(Bias Ply) I ran these one time on my 04GT and hates how they felt at the top end... felt like they were floating... Is there a reason for this? I'd love to run them because everyone seems to have good results but not if they are going to float like that on the top end.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I am buying the ET Street radial 2's this week... I am going to run them on the street and stip but my cars not a daily.

Side note I have a stupid question about the ET Street(Bias Ply) I ran these one time on my 04GT and hates how they felt at the top end... felt like they were floating... Is there a reason for this? I'd love to run them because everyone seems to have good results but not if they are going to float like that on the top end.

The issue is in the sidewall construction and the inflation pressure. A more flexible sidewall and lower inflation pressure will help lower your 60' times, but while a stiffer sidewall and higher inflation pressure is more beneficial on high speed runs...

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member

Did you have bias ply skinnies up front or your normal DD radials?
If so that would be your problem.
Mixing bias ply and radials contributes to sway at the big end.

-

stangliter04

Established Member
I just got my set today... I am going to hit the track Wednesday! OP did you power shift 1st to 2nd? I hear of broken halfshafts that way also. I know to feather it out of the hole but not sure on how hard to hit the 1st 2nd shift.

stangliter04

Established Member
Did you have bias ply skinnies up front or your normal DD radials?
If so that would be your problem.
Mixing bias ply and radials contributes to sway at the big end.

-

No I didnt I ran stock radials up front... I love the track so a SRA might be in my future.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I just got my set today... I am going to hit the track Wednesday! OP did you power shift 1st to 2nd? I hear of broken halfshafts that way also. I know to feather it out of the hole but not sure on how hard to hit the 1st 2nd shift.

No I didnt I ran stock radials up front... I love the track so a SRA might be in my future.

Mixing bias ply and radials will give you sway at the bid end.
You will love the traction on the street with the MTs.
They look really good and fill up the wheel well.
If it's not so darn hot on Wed I may join you at the track.
This heat wave has to break some time.

BTW- A solid is not required to drag race.
My IRS is stock and I consistently run 1.5-1.6 60' times.

Last edited:

stangliter04

Established Member
Mixing bias ply and radials will give you sway at the bid end.
You will love the traction on the street with the MTs.
They look really good and fill up the wheel well.
If it's not so darn hot on Wed I may join you at the track.
This heat wave has to break some time.

BTW- A solid is not required to drag race.
My IRS is stock and I consistently run 1.5-1.6 60' times.

Cool I hope to meet you in person... My brothe rtalked to you on Funday Sunday about how to run 15's on IRS and he said you were very helpful.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Cool I hope to meet you in person... My brothe rtalked to you on Funday Sunday about how to run 15's on IRS and he said you were very helpful.

Is your brother a big tall guy and he was there with J and his silver cobra?
I'm glad I could help.
The whole point of the forums is to get accurate information and to help each other.

Users who are viewing this thread