For those who have Saleen style wheels..

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
The chirping/squeak sound that has developed or started when you installed them. Mine is just on the passenger side front, I believe it came from the rim being too heavy for the wheel bearing (plus age) Has anyone else had this problem? I've heard of another but haven't talked to him since :shrug:

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
No squeaks yet on mine, but I have only put about 1k miles on them. So you think they aer wearing out the wheel bearings prematurely?

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
Might just be a coincidence. I NEVER have heard of a wheel causing wheel bearing failures except on crazy ofset setups on some race cars with super heavy sideloads and what not. Think of it this way. You hit bumps in the road that put way more stress on your wheel bearings than an extra 10 pounds of wheel and tire.

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
This has happened on my previous GT too, all new front suspension minus k-member, on the GT it started as soon as I installed the rims, mind that the replicas and 265's are alot heavier than the stock 16's, and 90K miles.

No squeaks yet on mine, but I have only put about 1k miles on them. So you think they aer wearing out the wheel bearings prematurely?
I wouldn't doubt it, more rotating mass and out further could be the cause

Users who are viewing this thread