For those who have moved battery to passenger side

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
I'm nearly done with the cobra engineering m122 swap an it requires the battery to be moved to the passenger side or to the trunk. I'm not wanting to put it back there just yet. I've seen pictures of people who used their stock battery and moved it over, just extended the cables, I'm good there.
My question is how did you make clearance? The AC lines are right in the way and they only have so much play. I can almost get the battery in the tray but those lines are blocking me just enough to stop it from going in. I've bent them as far over as I can.
Are you guys getting them under the tray some how?
James on his car used a smaller battery it looks like. Others seem to make the stock battery work, also I know most people just move it over when using the kenne bell mammoth also.
Any insight would be much appreciated, if I need to post pictures I will, but I feel if someone has done this before they would remember what they did, it's a pain in the ass.
Thanks in advance!

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
Honestly, sounds like a lot less work to just move it to the trunk. Why move it twice and do the wiring twice? Lugs, wire and what not get expensive...

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
I already have the new cables and everything, literally the only hold up is actually having room for the battery. The ac lines prevent it from going in. The only solution I can see is disconnect the lines, put the battery in then bend them around it.
There's got to be a trick or something I'm missing. If you've moved your battery to the passenger side please chime in.

Blackbob04

Established Member
I have a kennebell battery mount for the passenger side. And battery cables to extend them from my mammoth kit. If u are interested

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
I did end up getting the stock tray to work, I notched the corner and bent the lines under. I didn't know the mammoth kit came with a modified tray. FYI for those that will try this later on.

Users who are viewing this thread