For those who have a Off road X

GreyMach

Established Member
I just bought one and want to install it. I am just worried about how lean it will make my car. WIll it be unsafe until i get a tune or can i drive with it for a little while before i do? I have a Borla Stinger Catback and a K&N Aircharger intake too. My dyno reads slighty lean already. Please share your experiences. THanks

BT03mach-1

Established Member
GreyMach said:
I just bought one and want to install it. I am just worried about how lean it will make my car. WIll it be unsafe until i get a tune or can i drive with it for a little while before i do? I have a Borla Stinger Catback and a K&N Aircharger intake too. My dyno reads slighty lean already. Please share your experiences. THanks

I don't think you need to have it tuned but you do need to get MILs to stop the check engine light from comeing on. mine has been on my car for like 3 years with no problem. mine has never been tuned

GreyMach

Established Member
cool i have the mil eliminators already. I will install very soon. And get a tune becase i can get a good deal

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I personally wouldn't chance it. Granted the only worry is if you go WOT, but it depends on how much you do that. After half throttle the ECU takes over for the A/F adjustments. Stay relative out of WOT and you should be ok for a while. Some will chance it and say it is ok, others chanced it, and blew the motor. So, it is up to you.

BTW - what is your current A/F? Typically you won't run too lean until you do intead install a midpipe. So, after your install, you may be running very lean.

Users who are viewing this thread