For those who are running X2 balljoint, did you use the spacers?

JaguarS4R

Established Member
My car is already lowered and im replaing my old steeda bump steer kit with new ones as well as steeda X2 ball joints, they come with spacers since the X2 lower your front end just by themselves, so wondering if its really necessary to run the spacers and overall impression.

shurur

Established Member
x2 will drop the car another ..say 3/8"+.
I went from 1.25" drop to ~1.75" drop without the spacers in.
At first the x2 looked like it did nothing toward the drop..but then the car settled..

If you've installed lowering springs:
Make sure to lower your swaybar endlinks to keep the swaybar level.
Front Sway Bar End Links & Bushings

I see you have a VW...I'm an Audi guy too...Wife has a beemer..it's all about handling..

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
At first the x2 looked like it did nothing toward the drop..but then the car settled..

If you've installed lowering springs:
Make sure to lower your swaybar endlinks to keep the swaybar level.
Front Sway Bar End Links & Bushings

I see you have a VW...I'm an Audi guy too...Wife has a beemer..it's all about handling..

Just read this and I'm almost positive I got the wrong length end links. If I did have the wrong length( as in longer than it should be) what would happen?

shurur

Established Member
Just read this and I'm almost positive I got the wrong length end links. If I did have the wrong length( as in longer than it should be) what would happen?

http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/t_suspension2.htm#Sway

Based on this, I'd guess you'd get more body lean before the swaybar got to it's level to push back....

You can buy the energy suspension endlinks at a Advance Auto, get a new shorter bolt at Fastenal and cut the sleeve to "custom" length yourself...replace your swaybar bushings while you're in there!!

Maybe start a new thread and you'll get some real suspension experts to respond.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
What size front tires are you running and do you have pics of your front suspension setup?

Tires size is in sig..sorry no pics...are you wanting the front wheel clearance to fender??
It doesn't look "slammed."

Last edited:

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
When my car had MM road and track springs which lowered it around 1.5" I first used the x2's without the spacers and it turned out to be way too low in the front for daily driving. It would scrape while just driving down the road if it was crowned and forget speed bumps, so I put the spacers in and all was well.

Last edited:

JaguarS4R

Established Member
When my car had MM road and track springs which lowered it around 1.5" I first used the x2's without the spacers and it turned out to be way too low in the front for daily driving. It would scrape while just driving down the road if it was crowned and forget speed bumps, so I put the spacers in and all was well.

where do those spacers install? I have to take the springs and shocks off, so I have to get them compressed again?

shurur

Established Member
where do those spacers install? I have to take the springs and shocks off, so I have to get them compressed again?

American Muscle has install instructions for springs in general...as well as the steeda X2 install.
Steeda will have install instructions for the spacers..though I do remember them being sketchy about the spacer placement..so understand your question..

You can free up the front A-arms and drop the arms enough to pop the front springs right out....no spring compressor needed. The spacer goes between the spring and the upper iso...inside the cup.

Youtube may also have some videos as well for X2 install.

Last edited:

CJK440

Established Member

Assuming thats with stock location springs. Any benefit to the X2 joints on a coilover equipt car? Obviously the Ball joint won't affect ride height with coilovers.

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
This is just me but I used the spacers along with the isolators. It said that it improved handling, and I'm more for performance than looks

Users who are viewing this thread