For those that know Svt_Ky (Cliff)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
As Brian said, he is doing pretty poor right now, and is no longer doing in-home hospice, and has been moved to the hospital as of yesturday. I have soo many fond memories of the Cliffster, please share your pictures and videos.

Brandon

I'm very sorry to hear Cliff is not doing well. :( Cliff is one of a kind. I think it was Gingerman the first time I met Cliff and the Bright Red Farm Truck. Ran with him at Auto-Bahn as well.

Cliff was not afraid to push the envelope on track and here is one of those instances. Going into Turn 3 at Gingerman you can build up a head of steam. The turn is off camber and it can't be taken real fast, particularily in a farm truck. I catch the aftermath of Cliff's off track excursion.

The Farm Truck goes to Gingerman

God Speed Cliff!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
There's a couple other videos over at SVTOA.
For those who know Cliff...SVT_KY - SVTOA Forums

There was a nice pic of Cliff and 'Christine' "the farm truck" there:

Cliff-1.jpg

God Speed Cliff!!!

Crazy1

Established Member
Thanks for the link Gcassidy, and update if you all haven't seen the other threads.

Cliff is not doing well and isn't expected to make it through the day. I visited him today at lunch and a few of us talked about the fun days with cliff with him next to us, they say the last thing to go is hearing, so hopefully the kind stories will help comfort him.

B

cobra-boss

Established Member
Bruce thanks for the pic. I remember the truck on jack stands changing brake pads for the 2nd time in the same day...did I mention this was at lunch break, and picking which set of slicks he would melt down for the afternoon, he would bring about 8 or so to the track.

Jim

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
As of today at noon, Cliff is still fighting the good fight, proving his dr's wrong again.

As far as saving the video, its only letting me save the link to the page, not the movie file.

If you could email it that would be great 427. email it to : info (at) redlinedimagery (dot) com

Thanks!

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
Well, I recieved a call from Cliffs daughter and was told that around 9pm est Cliff passed. She said it was very peaceful and she and Cindy were there holding his hands when he left for a better place.

I guess now we can wish Cliff Godspeed and know in our hearts that we have a guardian angel that can and will keep up with us.

We love you Cliff. See you on the other side.

Brian

Crazy1

Established Member
Cliff passed away about an hour ago peacefully...

The world is down one great man...

Just a good story I heard

Cindy told us this story today. Story goes Cliff and Cindy were going to a track event (forget where) and end up arriving late in the evening day before the event. Well, they're both starved and they have to get up in 5-6 hours to change out tires and get ready so they go down the road to the closest Arbys and eat. The cashier behind the counter happens to notice Cliff's truck and comes out from around the counter and starts talking cars with Cliff (the kid is no more than 18-19 years old) and they talk for 15 mintues and Cliff ends up inviting the kid out to the track to see all the cars the next day.. Next day rolls around, and the kid ends up showing up at the event.. Cliff gets him a helmet and takes him around the course a few times in Christine, and even arranges a ride in a few other cars including Porsches etc.. Something this kid may have never got to experience otherwise.

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
On a side note, if anyone has any photos or video of Cliff- feel free to post up or email them to me. I'm working on a memoriam video.

Thanks!

SDW Racing

Established Member
my prayers go out to Cliff and his family...

Very sad...As with my father dying well before his time, from cancer...this poem by Dylan Thomas is on my father's gravestone in Arlington National Cemetary in Washington, DC.

In memory of Cliff and for his family...

DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT
by Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

PETSNKE

Established Member

Stanger58

Established Member
What a kick in the tailgate...

When I started conducting the SVTOA On Track events in 2002, it wasn't long before this rather boisterous Kentucky gentleman started showing up at our events with his bright red SVT Lightning. I don't recall which event it was that I first met Cliff, but event after event, he kept showing up. It wasn't long before my in-car instructors were suggesting he move up to the next group... then the next. "Damn, he's good. He's patient, he listens well and he's doing what he needs to do...and he's in that big F150!"

Next, he was asking me, "what does it take to become an instructor?" And just like every other challenge he faced, Cliff buckled down and got more experience, with more clubs on more and more tracks. Along the way, he met many of you, his fellow track dogs. And, regardless of where, what or when, Cliff was always willing to help a fellow student, and later, fellow instructors and anyone else needing assistance... or an encouraging word.

Once he joined my crew of lap-happy in-car instructors, was even more eager to help grow our hobby anyway he could. Sebring, FL, College Station, TX, Nashville, Summit Point, Autobahn, Gingerman, Mid-Ohio - that are just a few of the places I know Cliff worked for me an an in-car/truck instructor. Obviously, having someone with Cliff's passion, personality and compassion was a HUGE help to me as a lead instructor. He even let me take "the big red farm truck" out for a session at SP Shennandoah. And of course, Cliff being Cliff, turned on the in-truck video without me knowing it! I think he wanted to see just how badly I drove his truck...

The example of talking to the young guy working behind the counter at Arby's is classic Cliff. He was an ambassador, a friend, one of those colorful, once-in-a-lifetime characters we come across during our brief time in this world... for those of you that never had the chance to meet, ride with, chase or be passed by Cliff - you missed out on a true treasure.

As it's already been suggested: please share your memories, recollections and fun times you shared with Cliff...

Thank you Cliff. Thanks for being a part of my life and my hobby. Brother, you WILL be missed. :(

God speed pal...

Jeff Lacina
Track Guys Guy

David Hester

Established Member
I'm glad his family was with him.
You don't always get that chance.
I lost my "baby" sister to cancer a few years back. We weren't but a couple of years a part, but I was always her big brother and her my baby sister.
She had moved away after high school and we didn't see each other but every few years for something like 30 years.
She fought cancer for several months. Had a bad bout in Nashville 4 years ago and I went and got her and brought her back home with me.
Her last day she told me she was glad to be home.
I was with her the next day and I was holding her hand when she died.
It meant a lot.
Embrace your family and friends. You just never know.

Last edited:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Rich, Cliff and I at Gingerman in 2008. It's rare to have 3 1%er's all together so Cliff wanted this picture taken. As I said on c-c.com, Cliff will be dearly missed and I hope they have a mason jar of Kentucky's finest waiting for you at the pearly gates.
attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread