For Those That Are Running 18" Wheels

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
I am thinking of going to an 18" wheel setup, either Mach Repros or something entirely different...

Seems like the Mach repros are mostly available in 18x9 (AFS, etc.)... :shrug:

Other manufacturers give me 18x8.5 (front or all 4) & 18x10 (rear) options...

For those that have gone to 18s...and for those that are thinking about it...

1) What wheel brand/design/size did you go with?

2) What tire brand/design/size did you go with?

How do you like them? Would you do it differently if you could?
Any good reasons to stay with 17s? I love my stockers...but lighter wheels and wider tires are very appealing... :burnout:

All thoughts on this topic are welcomed :thumbsup:

I am currently running the stockers with Nitto 555s...245/45 fronts & 275/40 rears...
It's not a drag strip beast...just a really f%#ing fast street machine :rockon:

Vegas Mach1

Established Member
Hey LB
I went with the Mach1 AFS 18" chromies with the Kuhmo's 712's 275/35 all around on my Azure Blue
I think the larger rim looks great on our Machs.
With that said on my DSG I am leaning towards the 03 Cobra rims. But either in the polished finish or stock/machined. Having only one car with "Chrome Bling" is enough for me.
If I can get a good price on EBay I'll get 18 X 9 & 18X10.5. If so I'm going with the Kuhmo MX 295's rear 275's up front.
We'll see...Happy shopping

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
Hey L.B
I got a killer deal on Ebay through AFS. I won an auction for the AFS chrome 18x9's and Kumho 712 Supra Ecstas 275/35's for 970 total.
I would do it again in a heartbeat, but the only the thing I would change is getting the chrome rims with the blacked out insides, I think it looks super sharp.
As far as the quality they are excellent. The chrome is beautiful and there isnt a single blemish on them.
Handling improved but I warn you, they are a bit heavier than stock so you might feel it on acceleration. I noticed immediately that there was extra weight onboard.
I know that Steeda makes an 18x9 ultralight. So if you want to go lighter, I think that would be the route to go.
You need to hurry up and get some 18x9's because I've always wondered how your car would look with those super sports and the 18x9 rims. Reason being because the 9 in wide rims stick out a bit more in the front and I think they would look so much better with that stance. The wheels might not look so far recessed into the wheel well.
Then I can finally make up my mind on springs....;-)
I know the y2k rims are done to death, but I saw them on a red mach this weekend and they looked awesome.

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Chit...the more I look, the more choices I have, well, you know :shrug:

The BBS are sweet, but $$$ :eek: $$$

AFS are relatively inexpensive, but I don't want to run too much tire and make the car feel sluggish...:(

I made the mistake of going to a couple of tire & wheel shops today :dw: What a bunch of freakin tools these guys are :bash:

The crap they were tryin to tell me :smmon:

Sorry for stealing your sig idea lil Moddie :rockon:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Still giving some thought to Bullitts....maybe chromies :rockon:

1.jpg

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
What about these

These are Billet Magnum 500's. I think they would look really good on the Mach's. :thumbsup:

Ford4me

AMERICAN!!!
Established Member
I am running 18: FR500's and Nitto 265 up front and 285 in rear. Softer ride than stock tires and wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread