For those of you who like Old School s#it, my 487cu track engine idling

Ripped

Established Member
Based on the NSFW thread, I decided to leave
By track, I mean road course. The engine is built to come out of the corners hard. I don't know if it will meet the 90db noise restriction, at our local track. It kind of sounds like 3 or 4 open exhaust harleys idling at the same time.

Still setting up the engine tune and there is a ton of work to do on the suspension. Front suspension = very good, rear needs work.

Fun to get to FINALLY drive it again, after I broke the engine on the track course last year.

[youtube_browser]CJG_FAXHemQ[/youtube_browser]

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Very beautiful car; words cannot describe how gorgeous it is so I'll say it with this:
d33.jpg

And I love seeing that it is truly driven how it was meant to be driven.

What did the switch that you hit operate? Electric fan?

Last edited by a moderator:

oldmodman

Established Member
What a great sounding engine. And an incredible restoration job.

And what I could see of the inside of your garage is no slouch either. The garage deserves it's own thread.

Ripped

Established Member
Based on the NSFW thread, I decided to leave
Very beautiful car; words cannot describe how gorgeous it is so I'll say it with this:
d33.jpg

And I love seeing that it is truly driven how it was meant to be driven.

What did the switch that you hit operate? Electric fan?

Thanks, and yeah that was the theme of the car. It's no trailer queen, and I don't polish the lug nuts ;)
Electrical issues, so I was trying to load up the alternator. I was turning on everything. The switches on the console were the led lights and driving lights. Electric fans were already on. That's the light, on the far right of the console above the 3 gauges.

Truly spectacular!! :rockon: :beer:
Thanks a lot!

Music to my ears
Yeah it is kind of like music ;)

VERY nice!

Congrats getting it back on the road

E
Thanks, it is awesome getting it back on the road. My engine builder will tell you how many emails I sent him, asking when the parts were coming in, and how long it would take!

What a great sounding engine. And an incredible restoration job.

And what I could see of the inside of your garage is no slouch either. The garage deserves it's own thread.

Thanks, and Thanks. We get long rainy winters here, so turning the garage into a man cave sure makes it a lot nicer to work in. There's a thread in the Garage Journal on the garage.

Sounds like an animal. Looks like so much fun!
Yeah all you have to do is sit in the drivers seat and start it up. Loud as f*ck inside, you really need ear plugs even with all the extra sound insulation.

Thanks a lot!

Headlights look sick. Along with everything else lol
Thanks, wife helped pick the headlights along with the colour and wheels. I was going to go triple black. Her and my daughter over rode that decision.

Sounds like........................Victory. Who needs a radio....
LOL true. It kind of scares people just sitting at a stop light. And due to my electrical issues, I either blew the fuse or fried the radio. So yeah, no radio, and you can't hear anything when you drive anyways LOL

Hahaha, yeah LOL

Why u no rev?
Only a few days on the road at the time of the video. Still sorting through a lot of big and small problems. I'll try and get a driving video as soon as I can get some more of the big issues dealt with.

Very well put car
Thanks much!

Amazing car!!! Man that thing lopes!
Yeah my engine builder knew a lot about my previous engine problems, and what I wanted. I think he nailed it.

More tuning on the carb tonight. I might have to get bigger mufflers.

Thanks again guys. :beer:

I like browsing through this site, and seeing the incredible power so many of you guys are making with your cars. Keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread