For those of you spraying your 99 or 01 Cobras...

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
How much are you spraying, what kit, wet or dry, have you had a n2o tune done, what other mods do you have, and how long have you sprayed it and how much spray do you go through in any given time?

I am going to be spraying 125 to mine with an NX Wet Kit and my other mods are listed on my Cardomain page. I'm wondering if paying $650.00 for an n2o tune is even worth it.

Feedback, opinions???

Thanks in advance.

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
I didn't know nx had a 125? I thought it was either 100 or 150! Anyways before it was blown,I shot a 150 with full bolt ons and cams. Make sure you get a window switch that locks out first gear and then is activated after 3,500.........and get a tune.Window switch and a tune are vital when running spray......Safely.........Keyword!!!

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
Yup, I also have the window switch. NX does have 125 jets available. I just have to button up a few more things and I'll be spraying the laughy gas. :D

NXSVTCOBRA

cobradude said:
I didn't know nx had a 125? I thought it was either 100 or 150! Anyways before it was blown,I shot a 150 with full bolt ons and cams. Make sure you get a window switch that locks out first gear

:nono: :read: :shrug:

ok you can spray in first gear, you dont spray in first, you lose a race, just that simple yes there is a 125 shot, there is every size shot imaginable with different combinations of jets.........

on my first cobra i was spraying a 125 shot untuned (without a chip) and it ran fine, i dont recommend it, if you're able to pay the 500 bucks to get a tune and be safe, this particular motor, i ran 150 shot with a predator, until it went because of a couple of rod bearings spun, not because of nitrous, but i've ran through numerous bottles in a week, and everything held up fine

badboycali_559

Established Member
i run 50 shots in the intercooler, don't know what kinda kit it is, it looks like its not there, kinda hidden, my mechanic traded me the kit for some parts, i still have not learned the trick to it yet. my mechanic ran a couple of races with the kit on and it worked out just fine, and i m still on stock internals.

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
:nono: :read: :shrug:

ok you can spray in first gear, you dont spray in first, you lose a race, just that simple yes there is a 125 shot, there is every size shot imaginable with different combinations of jets.........

on my first cobra i was spraying a 125 shot untuned (without a chip) and it ran fine, i dont recommend it, if you're able to pay the 500 bucks to get a tune and be safe, this particular motor, i ran 150 shot with a predator, until it went because of a couple of rod bearings spun, not because of nitrous, but i've ran through numerous bottles in a week, and everything held up fine
Done!

Last edited:

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
cobradude said:
You're car must be a dog then!!!! I had a full bolt on Cobra w/a 150 shot cams,and ported heads nothing but,blown tires off,if you never blown your tires off then you must be to slow,skipping first is for guys who want to hook up good and win,instead of burn the tires loose traction and get their asses kicked :burn:

Ummm, wasting your tires, not hooking, and losing races due to lack of traction is bad. What are you talking about here?

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
hes saying when he sprays in first it leads to traction problems- "blowing the tires off" so instead of fixing the traction issue- he sprays in 2nd gear etc.
to avoid the traction issue altogether- I'll agree with his use of this technique for a street car with street suspension and street tires, on the street but not for anything else.

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
I have a live axle swap w/my Cobra and 275-40-17's bfg drag radials. It still blows the tires off. Thats why I use that route. So if you still have irs or street tires,then you better use that method.(edit) Also at the track,if you have slicks and a drag setup(luanch) then yes you leave it on in first!!! :beer:

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

cobradude said:
You're car must be a dog then!!!! I had a full bolt on Cobra w/a 150 shot cams,and ported heads nothing but,blown tires off,if you never blown your tires off then you must be to slow,skipping first is for guys who want to hook up good and win,instead of burn the tires loose traction and get their asses kicked :burn:
im convinced you have no clue what you're talking about, by your firswt post i was like ummmm yeah, ok how could a person who sprays nitrous not know there is a 125 shot, now this post makes me laugh, so you're saying that if im able to spray in first gear and the car hooks (i.e. doesn't blow away the tires as you say) that means my car is slow? :??: skipping first gear will only give your opponent a hell of a jump and it'll take a lot more effort to catch up, if your car is soooooo fast why not go out and buy some tires? you say you have 275 BFG's? well BFG drag radials are a better drag radial than the nitto 555r drag radial and i hooked pretty good when i had them on my last cobra on spray :shrug:

as the old sayingsays "to each their own" just dont pull on the side of me with ur no spraying in first gear rule, you'd be out of some cash ;-)

NXSVTCOBRA

you're correct i have no idea what you're talking about, its not really making any sense, so what exactly does your "built" motor consist of? and where is exactly "here" are you refering to having a built motor? because i'd love to get one of those :rollseyes

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
you're correct i have no idea what you're talking about, its not really making any sense, so what exactly does your "built" motor consist of? and where is exactly "here" are you refering to having a built motor? because i'd love to get one of those :rollseyes

^^^^ :D :D :beer:

cobradude said:
Was I even talking to you? No,I wasn't!!! Like I said I have a built motor,w/cams and ported heads,drag radials and a live axle,w/150 shot and I have 4.10s. 1st is so short anyways,and don't get your panties ruffled just becuase you have no idea what I'm talking about,when you get here then I will talk to you!Also I didn't even look for the 125 that does not prove anything becuase I didn't know their was one. Some idiot's I will bring up don't even know that nitrous will blow your intake off,but after they do,they think they know it all....Right...Sprayed Pony!!!!

:loser: Why call out a member here that everyone knows he blew the intake on his car. He made a mistake ( and learned from it ) which i'm pretty sure you have never done :rollseyes right. :poke:

Cobra99Dave

Established Member
Was I even talking to you? No,I wasn't!!! Like I said I have a built motor,w/cams and ported heads,drag radials and a live axle,w/150 shot and I have 4.10s. 1st is so short anyways,and don't get your panties ruffled just becuase you have no idea what I'm talking about,when you get here then I will talk to you!Also I didn't even look for the 125 that does not prove anything becuase I didn't know their was one. Some idiot's I will bring up don't even know that nitrous will blow your intake off,but after they do,they think they know it all....Right...Sprayed Pony!!!!

Damn dude, relax. If anyone on here sounds like they are trying to be a know it all its you. Sprayed Pony knows his stuff and is a well known member on the board here. No need to start a fight in here.

BTW, I have a stock longblock, solid axle w/4.10s, 150 shot and Nitto drag radials and have no problem hooking up with them on the street spraying in 1st gear. Oh....and I ran 10.89@125 two weeks ago, what did you say your car ran????

Last edited:

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
I haven't called anybody out!!! I gave my opinion to another member and out of left field the know it all/ came in and start trying to pick me apart. All I did was give an honest opinion on nitrous and my history with it.....Thats all!!!! He's the one who said I don't know anything,if you read into it,I was defending myself from his remarks.

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
Cobra99Dave said:
Damn dude, relax. If anyone on here sounds like they are trying to be a know it all its you. Sprayed Pony knows his stuff and is a well known member on the board here. No need to start a fight in here.

BTW, I have a stock longblock, solid axle w/4.10s, 150 shot and Nitto drag radials and have no problem hooking up with them on the street spraying in 1st gear. Oh....and I ran 10.89@125 two weeks ago, what did you say your car ran????

I'd like to know a bit more about your complete setup. (nice numbers BTW!!!) If you don't want members of your community to see your setup, please PM me. (I'm no where near where you live, so the liklihood of us lining up at a light is slim to none ;-) ) I'd really appreciate it if you could also try to address all of the questions I asked in my first post. I just want to try to learn from others MISTAKES and FORTUNES and try to stick to the latter.

Thanks in advance.

Cobra99Dave

Established Member
Ok, back on topic....

I have no secrets to hide so heres my mod list...

Engine:
Steeda underdrives
UPR power pipe and 80mm Pro-M mass air
JBA shorty headers
Bassani X-pipe w/cats
Bassani mufflers
Magnaflow tailpipes
150 wet shot NX
SCT flip chip custom tune by Kaufmans motorsports

Driveline and suspension:
Solid axle w/31 splines and 4.10s
PA racing tubular K-member and A-arms
175 lb coil overs, strange 10 way adjustable struts in front
eibach lowering springs and 5 way tokikos in rear
Metco lower and Hotchkis upper control arms
FMS aluminum driveshaft
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
D&D SHD clutch
Custom Lakewood scattershield redrilled for T-5
G-Force helical syncro T-5 built by myself
Chromoly 8pt rollbar w/swingouts by Rhodes Custom Auto

Thats all that I can think of right now. As far as my nitrous setup goes. I run ford plugs 2 heat ranges colder than stock (I can check the part number if you really want to know). I have a window switch set from 3K-7K and I do launch on the spray. Im running a fuel pressure safety switch, purge valve, and bottle heater. My chip was custom tuned on a dynojnet with tunes for NA and nitrous. Ive been spraying for about 8 months. I get about 6 good passes out of a bottle before it starts to lose pressure and not his as hard. I havent had any mishaps yet with the stock longblock (cross my fingers). I believe having a good tune is critical to your motors longevity. Hope this helps you some

NXSVTCOBRA

for the record, i didnt blow my intake off if he was talking about me, but i hope you got your questions answered crazzy al, got anymore nitrous questions?

Users who are viewing this thread