For those of You Looking for an iPod Solution

Shep927

Established Member
The local stereo shop installed an Alpine JDA-X001 head unit for me last Friday. This is a new unit which just came on the market in April. It interfaces directly with your iPod and puts the iPod display on the head unit screen. You have all of the iPod controls right on the head unit. It comes with AM/FM tuners and has options to add modules for CD changers, HD radio, XM/Sirius and will even interface via Bluetooth to Motorola phones. They hooked it up using the factory amps/speakers.

IMG_1004.gif

TK Doom

Established Member
I saw that before I bought my 9885, but I need that CD ability... :D

Its a neat looking unit, and if it did CD's I'd probably have one instead.

Shep927

Established Member
Better than the factory head unit and certainly better than the Peripheral iPodToCar unit I have in my Bose equipped TrailBlazer. I'll probably upgrade everything else as time goes by, but I wanted to get the head unit in now as I've been going through iPod withdrawal ever since I bought the Cobra:).

mrose75

Established Member
So you still have to run a cable to your Ipod. How long is that cable or where can you "hide" the iPod?

Shep927

Established Member
The cable is in my glove box, but you could route it to the center console as well if you want. It's actually a USB cable that connects to a shorter cable that has the iPod connector on it. As an added note, my son-in-law brought over his new Blackberry phone, which has an MP3 player in it. Hooked that up and it played through the head unit just fine as well.

mrose75

Established Member
Cool, that's basically what I was wondering. Put the iPod in the armrest. I'm assuming it charges the iPod while it's playing.

willyum

Fast Enough!
Established Member
YGOSLO said:
Cool, that's basically what I was wondering. Put the iPod in the armrest. I'm assuming it charges the iPod while it's playing.

Yes it does charge it. I thought I would need a cd player too. Anytime I thought I would want to listen to a certain cd in the car, I would put it on my IPod. If you aren't "tweeking" really hard with the sound, you will love the set-up above and you will not miss all those cd's all over your car.

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
I want it, i just dont know if I can go without the CD feature...they should of made a different model with the same features but with cd/mp3 cd capabilities.

Shep927

Established Member
It's just an empty compartment to fill up the space above the head unit. I'm keeping my sunglasses in there for now. It's the flash from the camera that makes it look so shiny.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Thats kind of a neat looking radio.
Pardon me but what is that thing in front of the fog light button ?

Users who are viewing this thread