For those of you looking for a rotary...

Juiced-03

Established Member
thats an awesome deal if it works! Really, I don't see why it wouldn't though. Keep us updated on its performance. I wouldn't mind having a backup to my DeWalt.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
Question : besides removing the deep scratches what other benefit can a rotary offer compare to the PC ?
Can remove oxidation better and break down polishes faster.

Juiced-03

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
Question : besides removing the deep scratches what other benefit can a rotary offer compare to the PC ?

You will be able to polish your car in 1/4 of the time it takes with a PC.

spree

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
some one should compare two cars done by both a rotary and a PC. If it is that big of a difference. Just curious.

well...there's not really a need for a comparison. The rotary is more powerful, and therefore has more cutting capabilities. It can remove some more serious defects that you wouldn't be able to remove with a PC.

The rotary is also a lot more dangerous. You can burn your paint, create nasty holograms, etc. etc.

Juiced-03

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
some one should compare two cars done by both a rotary and a PC. If it is that big of a difference. Just curious.

It's not so much the final product (unless the defects couldn't be removed with the PC) but the process. The rotary will save valuable time if you are a pro who details for money. But the PC and rotary will both give excellent results assuming you know what you are doing. Like spree said, holograms are quite common with newbie rotary users.

Martinrulz

Established Member
spree said:
well...there's not really a need for a comparison. The rotary is more powerful, and therefore has more cutting capabilities. It can remove some more serious defects that you wouldn't be able to remove with a PC.

The rotary is also a lot more dangerous. You can burn your paint, create nasty holograms, etc. etc.

Spree, in relation to your last comment there. Are the porter cable pretty much idiot proof? I mean can burn your paint and such with one like you can with the rotory?

spree

Established Member
Yep, pretty much impossible. The worst thing you can do with a PC is use some horrible pads which would scratch your paint. That's about it. That, or drop the machine on your car and dent the hell out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread