For those in the 12s

horatio03

mmmm beeer!
Established Member
any one whose running 12s or quicker at the track have you guys had problems with not conforming to nhra rules, even on tnt nights? esp since our cars can do those numbers lightly modded. i was thinking about running again this weekend in Bremmerton, to get my times a little lower, but a friend of mine said their tech guy is thourough and checks for drive shaft loops, dot approved helmets...etc.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Man I ran a 12.89 at Bradenton motorsports park in FL, with no tech inspection and no helmet on.

I have yet to run at home, most tracks are not to stringent on the loop rule. But if you already know that they are going to be looking you might be in for a night of watching instead of running.

Good Luck

Later
Jason

Ystang99gt

Established Member
Just tell them you have a loop most of them are to old to bend down and actually look for them :) Its always worked for me!!

horatio03

mmmm beeer!
Established Member
the thought of driving two hours to the track to sit and watch sucks! i was at pacific raceways last weekend and the guy didnt even look under the hood!

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
wait... what is a "loop"... I didnt know that you needed that to run at the track... helmet yes, but loop? hmmm.. anywhere where I can get more info on this? thx

horatio03

mmmm beeer!
Established Member
"loop", stops pieces or the whole rear end from ending up over the track if you snap it(something our cars are apparently prone to do with high horespower, and no suspension mods). just do a if you go to pacific raceways homepage there is a section for all the rules

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by ilumo
wait... what is a "loop"... I didnt know that you needed that to run at the track... helmet yes, but loop? hmmm.. anywhere where I can get more info on this? thx

A loop is basically a piece of hardware you install to loop around the front of your drive-shalf. All its designed for is just to catch the driveshalf should it ever breaks up in the front. If you didn't have such and it breaks while you're doing 90 MPH, you'll probably be catapulting like them olympic athletes.

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
I've raced my Cobra at Cecil County Raceway and MIR, both in Maryland, with only a helmet. I run usually 12.9-12.8(still learning how to drive) and ran best times of 12.7x at Cecil a few weeks ago after finally figuring out how to launch the car. Both sessions were test and tune only. Cecil wants the helmet, MIR didn't even ask. I've never been questioned able ds loops, roll bars, etc.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I've been to Bremerton probably 30 times before I transferred and NEVER did they check anything unless you run faster than a 12.00. They do make you wear a helmet for sure if you break 12.99 or better, and do make you have a SNELL or DOT approved helmet. I never got checked for a drive shaft loop. Just don't run the AC prior to tech inspect or they'll freak out! Good luck, there should be a hand full of 03's there I used to know.

whippleblown03

Established Member
Are you washington cobra owners going to bremerton on friday. i just got mine and wanted to run it bone stock too see what she will do. i no you have to have a helmet at bremerton for every thing. i ran my lightning there last year and they didnt even pop the hood. i dont think they will mess with a new cobra if its stock. looks like nice weather on friday also. gates open at 3:00 pm

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Horatio, I might be at Bremerton Fiday night as well if my work sched will support. I am in the middle of a submarine refit and shit is CRAZY!!

Have a helmet, don't worry about the loop till you hit the 11's. I know this contradicts their website but I know guys that have been down there quite a bit.

Good luck and maybe we will see you there...

Ken

:beer: :beer:

horatio03

mmmm beeer!
Established Member
heading down to bremmerton on saturday, might also check out the svtoa event. friend of mine is going to bring his r/t, also a heavily modded WS6, and a wrx.

whippleblown03

Established Member
i got 2 guys with red 04 mach1's that are going to follow me up there. hope to see a few stangs beat down on some hondas. i heard last year that not alot of people show up at times so you can get alot of runs in. hope to ya there , paul

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I too was considering the SVTOA event, I went last year.
Do you take the ferry from keystone or do you drive around. I had a weekend trip up to Oak Harbor first weekend in April and drove around thinking the ramps on the ferry would be too steep for the exhaust. Have you had any experience with that particular ferry route?

Ken

:beer: :beer:

horatio03

mmmm beeer!
Established Member
havent had any problems with the ferry but most of the time when i head toward seattle i take the highway, its a fun drive off the island!

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Friday to the track, but it will be about6 pm or so before I can get there, if I am lucky.

The SVTOA event is Sat...should be a nice drive aroung for that one..

Ken

brianR, if you are reading you interested in going????

Users who are viewing this thread