? for the turbo import guys

SteveChris

Established Member
it's time i ask and i know some in here with turboed imports.
i only get to drive my car like 5 days a month if i'm lucky, i'm never home much i work out of state.
as much as i love it i always get pissed at one group of driver..you
i don't race much, 1 i dont care who i can or cant beat and 2 there's nowhere to race where i'm from that wouldn't be insanely stupid.
but EVERY time i drive up to say an evo (there's a few around me) they ALWAYS seem to feel the need to drive up next to me and gun it to make sure i hear the blow off valve.
wtf is with that??? if it's your way of saying you want to race then whatever but its cocky as hell. i usually ignore them (and yes i know ignoring = im scared to them)
but it might help me to know that thats some sort of import lingo to race or something rather then think this prick is just a moron.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
They are just sayin hello man. Like a mustang revin up as he goes by (which I do to most other fbodies and foxbodys and cobras and such)

SteveChris

Established Member
XR4Turbo said:
They are just sayin hello man. Like a mustang revin up as he goes by (which I do to most other fbodies and foxbodys and cobras and such)
in that case i feel bad for ignoring them lol
i guess thats funny, there are some new cobras around SI lately (new to the city)
some terms an 01 exactlly like mine. they go buy and rev and i nod, honk, or whatever. if thats what theyre doing then cool. i assumed they were being as$holes

turbodawg97

Established Member
i agree with it being their way of saying hi, the other day some guy in an evo just revving so i could hear the bov im turn and im about to give the finger when he waves and gives the thumbs up lol. I feel like an ass, but compliment his car and drive on.

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
i rarly do a bov salute. but it really comes down to how old the person is. When i first got my Talon, i was young and cocky, so if i did rev i was wanting to race. Now though, i do it to get people's attention if i like their car. You'd be surprised, but 90% of turbo guys know and like alot of v8's. I am only in the Talon b/c i can't afford anything with a v8 and rwd. But definatly look at the age of the driver, that'll tell alot.

SteveChris

Established Member
matchb0x said:
yeh i usually rev when im near a nice car like that too. some people answer back others dont. ive yet to get a snobby azz vetter owner to fire back though.
i don't know maybe they arent snobby. some might think i was being snobby. im just avoiding a situation where someone keeps egging me on. Alot of people around me aren't too bright and will try to race in heavy traffic.
next time im back in ny i'll try it, nod at them or something. see if i was wrong.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
You drive a yellow mustang :poke: I'm guessing guys will think you will race and they are trying to get an idea of how quick their cars may be at that level of modification :shrug:

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
I never rev because I think it may come off as me being cocky. I usually slow down next to another car and just give them the big thumbs up. Can't misinterpret that gesture.

Slowtsi

Slow car driver
Established Member
Turbo import guy speaking here, i rarely ever give anyone the "blow off valve salute" i hate reving on people and never have. If I see somebody who's car I like I honk and give them a thumbs up...

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Speaking o which I got a friendly rev from a civic and he followed me to the gas station while he filled up. He said he owned a fox but had to sell it due to school, but he would buy another in a heartbeat. I guess there is hope for import drivers :)

zapman

Established Member
deffinetly depends on the age, I'm 19 and I respect nice cars import or domestic. Last month I had a teacher at my college leaving the school and he got beside me and it was kinda chilly out so window's were up but he was in his 05-07 Mustang GT and it deffinetly wasnt stock and he gave me a thumbs up and said nice car, I just smiled and said you too and gave him a thumbs up back. The day I got my cobra a kid in a honda S2000 was in town and was talking shit saying there wouldn't be a race between us and that he would take me...Popped the hood and he said holy shit under his breath but still continued to talk smack...I believe he was 17-18 so it depends on age and matureity level

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Who knows why ppl do things. Everybody does things for different reasons.

Getting reved on and ppl trying to race you comes with owning a fast car or truck.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
My experince is when someone revs at you it's typically a "hey listen to my car I own you biotch!" Now all my experince in my area are ricers, trucks that think they are fast (hemi, titans, etc...) and the occasional random guy playing a joke like he's going to race me in his minivan/sedan whatever (which is cool as hell, I always give them a thumbs up, and they always return it).

If I ever see a Lightning or a Cobra, or something of the sort outside of a car meet (never happens) then yeah sure....throw them a friendly rev. Just makes sure you include a nice wave with it to make sure they know you're not just an ass.

zapman said:
deffinetly depends on the age, I'm 19 and I respect nice cars import or domestic. Last month I had a teacher at my college leaving the school and he got beside me and it was kinda chilly out so window's were up but he was in his 05-07 Mustang GT and it deffinetly wasnt stock and he gave me a thumbs up and said nice car, I just smiled and said you too and gave him a thumbs up back. The day I got my cobra a kid in a honda S2000 was in town and was talking shit saying there wouldn't be a race between us and that he would take me...Popped the hood and he said holy shit under his breath but still continued to talk smack...I believe he was 17-18 so it depends on age and matureity level

What caused him to have that reaction? "Holy hell! There's eight of those things!"

Last edited:

zapman

Established Member
I dunno why all I know is when I popped the hood and raised it he said holy shit just barely enough for me to hear it but yet he kept mouthing?? lol kids these days

Users who are viewing this thread