for the convertible cobras!?

pbm.cc

Established Member
for you guys that have convertibles.... when you get on the gas and stay on it d you hear ALOT OF WIND!? like does the top inflate like the old fox bodies? or the camaros? I am thingking about getting one a 2003 red convt with black top but i am debating cause I get on my car alot and not sure how it would feel after 100+mph?

I am getting a HELL OF A DEAL ON THIS CAR!!!! so I think I should do it but is this even a problem with you guys in the convertibles?

convert03cobra

Established Member
Times have changed and so have convertibles. You wouldn't even know you were in a convertible driving at 100+ MPH. It's a little noisy with the top down as you could imagine but put the top up and its quiet like a coupe.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I've had mine to 140plus and no issues at all! The car only has 4,000 miles on it though. Also I've never seen a 03/04 convertible driving around with the dreaded bubble top either.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I was chasing down and passing a couple of bikes last week at over 160. I couldn't tell I was in a vert.
Yes I know, this was very stupid but the rider took a double take as I was passing him. Priceless!!

divided

Established Member
I dont have a huge amount of wind noise with the top down, but its obviously a bit louder tna with it up. Its not bad at all though, even wot with the top down, one thing is for sure though, you can definelty appreciate the sound of your car more with it down!

nathanralph

Established Member
Get it...you won't be disappointed!

The vert does great....it doesnt leak and wind noise is negligible...it is NOT cold in the winter, as the mustang heat is awesome.

Times have changed, and the vert technology is better.

Oh, and I have 36k miles.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I have over 50k on my vert and the top still works as good as new. I have a slight whistle sometimes at very high speeds, but I'm talking over 120 so you won't have to worry about it much. When the windows are down, the rear window does shake a little at speed, but the top does not 'inflate' at all.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I sold my '03 coupe to buy my vert and the coupe is a quieter car by far and has a more solid feel to it,But the vert is much more fun to drive and theres nothing like dropping the top on a sunny day. I would have to say i like my vert better but man i miss my 500 hp coupe when i go to the track!

SVT0369

#1798 of 1896
Established Member
When the top is up it's as quiet as a coupe.

Just pray some jealous SOB doesn't do this to you. I came outside to find this 2 weeks ago.:cuss: Good thing I have full coverage since the total bill was $1727 :eek:

197380.jpg

197383.jpg

topless_sn8k

Established Member
Knoxville COBRA said:
I sold my '03 coupe to buy my vert and the coupe is a quieter car by far and has a more solid feel to it,But the vert is much more fun to drive and theres nothing like dropping the top on a sunny day. I would have to say i like my vert better but man i miss my 500 hp coupe when i go to the track!

I have a Vert. you don't have to sacerfice power mine is 607rwhp/593rwtq... I love ridimg with my top down, I really can't hear much due to my Bassani x-pipe and cat backs.... PS,espically here in Memphis,Tn.

Cobra04010.jpg

SpectorV

Established Member
Its quite with the top up, the rain is not as bad IMO for the most part when it hits the car as its more dampening vs the hard top~

The only issue I have is when the windows are down and the top is up, the back wobbles a bit and overtime it can cause some issues I am sure~

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
SVT0369 said:
When the top is up it's as quiet as a coupe.

Just pray some jealous SOB doesn't do this to you. I came outside to find this 2 weeks ago.:cuss: Good thing I have full coverage since the total bill was $1727 :eek:

197380.jpg

197383.jpg
WTF!!!!:fm:

Users who are viewing this thread