For Sale: DSG 03 Cobra Coupe

wjfawb0

Established Member
For Sale: DSG 03 Cobra Coupe (price drop)

EDITED: Reduced price for faster sale

Located near Lexington, KY

Dark Shadow Grey 03 Cobra for sale

I'm asking $20,000 for the car extras are negotiable

1small.jpg

5small.jpg

10small.jpg

12small.jpg

Car has new aluminum teksid block with new design manley forged pistons, manley forged rods and forged cobra crank.

~65,500 miles with only 4,000 miles on the new teksid built block from Modular Powerhouse and the cleaned up stock heads. Before the new motor the car was a daily driver that I drove between Chattanooga, TN, and Lexington, KY, every two weeks for two years.

The car dynoed 470rwhp and 490rwtq SAE with the new motor and aftermarket exhaust. The car is now in the same shape but without aftermarket exhaust so should be around 450rwhp.

Car as it sits right now:

K&N Cold Air kit
Steigemeier stage IV port TB/plenum
Steigemeier stage II port Eaton
2.80" SFPH interchangeable pulley (came with blower)
Billetflow idlers all around
Metco auxiliary idler bracket with billetflow idler
NGK BR7EF spark plugs at ~0.030"
PA130 alternator with larger than stock (3.2") pulley
Teksid block from 96-98 cobra built by Modular Powerhouse
Heads cleaned and new guides installed, valve seats where needed
New stock water pump installed with new motor
MMR Cryo gear oil pump installed with new motor
Canton 7 qt oil pan with stock tray
Fidanza aluminum flywheel with replaceable friction inserts
Centerforce LM clutch disc (only 2,000 miles)
Centerforce II Pressure Plate (only 2,000 miles)
Stock T56 with Triax shifter
Maximum Motorsports firewall adjuster and quadrant
Red Metco Driveshaft safety loop
KB subframe connectors
Steeda IRS front diff. bushings
Maximum Motorsports IRS subframe bushings and 14mm front bolts
mjchip IRS diff. cover brace
Moroso studs in rear hubs and open lug nuts (bought from Max. Motorsports)
KB 40A BAP wired always on in the trunk with upgraded wiring to the FPDM
FPDM upgraded by mjchip
SLP linelock kit installed with new motor
New starter/solenoid installed last week
Autometer fuel pressure and boost gauges in two gauge pillar pod
Raptor red LED shift light installed
Heavy gauge stainless steel bumper inserts
Hood repainted just last week to eliminate chips in paint
Recently aligned
Rotors and pads were all replaced around 40,000 miles with new brembo fronts from tirerack and Hawk HPS pads all around
Completely stock exhaust
EGR delete kit from Randy on Modular Depot

Car was tuned by Tim Barth at Modular Powerhouse using SCT. Car is using 4 bank SCT chip right now.

Extras available for the car(negotiable, if you can pick them up):

Helm 03 Ford Mustang Service Manual and Electrical Manual (Life Savers)
Stock Eaton
Stock airbox and filter
2 extra AFS stock size 17x9 satin finish wheels
2 extra replica wheels 17x10.5 satin finish wheels
Dr. Gas offroad X-pipe welded for this car
Magnaflow catback
New stock shifter knob, bought but never installed
SCT pro racer package with datalog only Xcal2 and 4 bank chip (fee required to license software to new owner)
Hardcopy of SCT proracer tuning manual
Extra set of NGK BR7EFs
New Reichard Racing 2.80" noslip pulley
Spare new stock half-shaft

The only damage to the car at the moment is a bend in the lower lip of the core support under the radiator. A tow hook placed on the support bent down the lip chipping the paint. It has been straightened up, but needs to be treated to prevent rusting. See the pictures at the link below:

2003 Cobra Mustang - MPH Forums

For more history on the car just search on this site and modularpowerhouse.com for my username. I've got a few how to write-ups here and there plus info on the car.

Please respond here with contact info if you are interested. I can be reached by email at [email protected]

Thanks,

-Jason Fawbush

Last edited:

wjfawb0

Established Member
I broke the #2 piston doing a highspeed run. If you do a search I think you'll find that the Italian made Teksid aluminum 4.6 blocks bought by Ford from 1993-2000 or so are plenty strong for over 1000HP applications when prepared correctly. Ford now uses their own aluminum block that is not as strong as the teksid block. I wanted the 86 lbs weight savings when I decided to go with the aluminum block.

wjfawb0

Established Member
If someone is not interested in the extras, or at least not all of them price drops as they are removed. If someone just wants the car as it sits now, the price drops to $22,000. I should have been more clear in my first post.

The motor was not overhauled, though. It was completely replaced with an aluminum teksid block, new pistons, new rods and a forged cobra crank. The heads were disassembled, cleaned and all the seals replaced and the two exhaust valve seats in the #2 chamber were replaced due to the aluminum from the broken piston. The transmission and rear end are about the only unserviced parts of the car that have the full mileage on them.

I'll update the first post.

wjfawb0

Established Member
I've dropped the price down to KBB private party value for the car in good shape. That value is based on a stock motor with 65,000 miles when this car has a new one. I'm only driving the car about once a week now that I have a motorcycle and a beater pickup.

wjfawb0

Established Member
My web space seems to be down. I'll try to get the pics back up ASAP. If anyone would like to see pics I can email them until then.

JacobK

Established Member
i know u said no trades, but i thought this might be worth it. i have a 99 SS camaro with all bolt ons and a cam..made 409rwhp and 364rwtq. 6 speed, black, with black rims..let me know

Users who are viewing this thread