For Sale: CCW Classics 18" with Tires 03-04 Cobra offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Maybe...I have plugged tires for 25 years on over 86 cars and have never had one blow, leak or be a problem. It's all in a proper prep and installation.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
There's also no need to remove a tire to patch a nail hole when a better method is a tire plug kit available at any parts store.

I pray no one takes the statement above and runs with it. There's no way I'd take a plug over a patch on any tire ESPECIALLY not a high performance tire/car!

Glad you all got this squared away and hopefully the buyer learned a lesson in communication.

Maybe...I have plugged tires for 25 years on over 86 cars and have never had one blow, leak or be a problem. It's all in a proper prep and installation.

Alot has changed in 25 years in the tire industry and I know for a fact a plug invalidates any and all warranties on a tire. Plugging a tire is dangerous and ALL manufacturers will tell you this. The only recommended method of tire repair is a patch plug repair. I have plugged tires on my 4 wheelers but never will on a car especially a high performance vehicle.

Again glad you guys got this straightened out and cant wait to see these wheels on your ride OP. :beer:

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I see this is a few days old...
The tires do not need dismounted. I have to have one of my centers rechromed. Air the tire down and unbolted the center. Its as simple as that. Just for saftey I grabed a few bolts and snugged the barls togther because the wheel was going to sit for a bit while the center was out. This was with 335 squeezed on the 11 inch wide wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread