For Sale: CCW Classics 18" with Tires 03-04 Cobra offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
CCW101411.jpg

CCW Classics with 275/35-18 Nexen's up front and 315/35-18 Toyo Proxes Drag Radials out back. Newly painted charcoal metallic textured centers, freshly polished hardware and BRAND new CCW engraved centercaps ~ $3000 OBO plus shipping unless picked up here in Richmond VA. All four tires are deep tread, barrels are freshly polished. I never even got to put them on the car before the motor in my daily let go. So I'd like to sell these to recoup, but I don't HAVE to sell them. Lowballers will be ignored. one wheel had a very light push on the outer lip originally but has been mostly straightened. Will have pics of it tomorrow, it's very slight and did not affect balancing or trueness.

PAS081811029.jpg

CCW1014114.gif

CCW1014113.jpg

CCW1014112.jpg

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
The wheels look really nice. Actually I have the exact same set on mine.

It drives me nuts how some of these tire shops install hammer weights on high-end wheels. The tire shop would be buying me new wheels if they pulled that crap with me. Then again my instructions are always crystal clear.

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
They were just barely on there luckily...and polished up nicely after a little 2000 grit.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Wheels were better than promised, thanks Jimmy! Got them on the 24th, fast shipping to boot:)

Last edited:

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Wheels were better than promised, thanks Jimmy! Got them on the 24th, fast shipping to boot:)

After been swamped at work over the last couple of weeks, I finally got around to unwrapping these things, and trying to get them mounted. My first initial comment no longer stands.

There have been a couple issues with them which I tried to ask the seller about with no reply:

1) Two of the faces were on the wrong barrels and lips, meaning the front faces were mounted on the back rims. This causes a major problem with the offset, and the wheels have to be broken down completely to be fixed, re-sealed, and tires mounted and balanced again.

2)The other two wheels had huge nails in the tires, and were not holding air completely.

I was not told about this, and paid pretty damn good money for the set, so I am not happy. I do have a question for the wheels guys in here, when you take the faces off a 3 piece wheel, do you really have to dismount the tires?

Last edited:

CobraCarrera

Established Member
After been swamped at work over the last couple of weeks, I finally got around to unwrapping these things, and trying to get them mounted. My first initial comment no longer stands.

There have been a couple issues with them which I tried to ask the seller about with no reply:

1) Two of the faces were on the wrong barrels and lips, meaning the front faces were mounted on the back rims. This causes a major problem with the offset, and the wheels have to be broken down completely to be fixed, re-sealed, and tires mounted and balanced again.

2)The other two wheels had huge nails in the tires, and were not holding air completely.

I was not told about this, and paid pretty damn good money for the set, so I am not happy. I do have a question for the wheels guys in here, when you take the faces off a 3 piece wheel, do you really have to dismount the tires?

Just wanted to update anyone as there are other items he is trying to sell.

Yes the wheels need to come off....

The CCW website used to have a video on how to remove and take apart the CCW's...It may still be on there......

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Ok, what a mess!

Honestly call Chip at CCw and he will be able to help you out....He helped me out when I got my CCW's Classics for my 04 Cobra....

Shipping them back to CCW may be the best solution to fix your problem...Take the tires off and it will be a lot cheaper weight wise .....

Call me if you have ?'s or need guidance....I am in Kennesaw 732-947-7212 Andrew

Last edited:

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I just watched the video, and going to do the break down and re-assembly myself. If I have any issues, I will give Chip a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread