For Sale '95 Cobra R

R-CODE

Established Member
Just thought some fellow R owners' might be interested; just found in Autoweek mag.
#90 only 15 miles $35,000 Louisiana (504) 282-9350
Looks mint to me:rolling:

Andy M

Established Member
You know, the low miles on some of these cars is cool...but I wonder if this is good for the engine and drivetrain?? I suppose if you follow the right procedures for storing a vehicle like this, it is ok... I just wonder about it?

And additionally, how the hell do you keep yourself from driving such a wonderful car?? Unless you are really loaded and can afford to just tuck it away somewhere? But heck, even Jay Leno drives ALL of his cars!!

Just a thought? What do you guys think?

Man, I've put 3K miles on my R since August! .... about 2500 or so on the street and the rest on the track. You certainly won't find my R in the pages of a mag any time soon with only 12 miles on it.. but I don't care! I bought it to enjoy!!! And that I am definitely doing! :D

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I think in years to come the extremely low mileage may take its toll, but now the car is only 6 years old and if it was kept indoors from the beginning, I personally think it is still good as new. :D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
You know, the low miles on some of these cars is cool...but I wonder if this is good for the engine and drivetrain?? I suppose if you follow the right procedures for storing a vehicle like this, it is ok... I just wonder about it?

My dad and I just bought a 95R together the end of september with 66 miles on it. I had the same concern as you are talking about andy, but with 1400 miles now it really has been fine. I was concerned that it would get some oil leaks or have residual damage from the storage, but it runs like a champ. We are gona turn it into a track car so we can enjoy it. When he runs the 95 I will run the 00. Otherwise I will start driving the rest of the time. It's a crap shoot when you start buying that old of a car that has been sitting, no doubt about it.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread