For Sale - 2013 5.0L 302 CI 4V Coyote Complete Engine with 2,888 Miles - $4,800.00

Evolution

Established Member
This 5.0L 4V engine is a take out from a 2013 F-150 that was involved in a rear end collision. We heard this engine run prior to it being removed from the truck and it purred like a kitten. This engine only has 2,888 miles on it so whoever buys this is getting a deal.

$4,800.00 Plus shipping or local pick up.

If you're interested in purchasing the engine send us a PM or e-mail us at [email protected]

Any additional questions, please give us a call at 610-485-3596.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

The modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver 420 horsepower @ 6500 rpm and 390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel). The lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength. Optimized oil drainback and windage control improve high-rpm performance

High-performance 5.0-liter, four-valve Ti-VCT engine
380 horsepower
360 ft.-lb.+ of torque
Displacement 302 cu. in.
3.63 bore x 3.65-in stroke
Aluminum block
Forged steel crankshaft
Forged steel connecting rods
Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing
8qt capacity oil pan
10.5:1 Compression ratio
Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
80 mm single bore "drive by wire" throttlebody

Last edited:

mechanicboy

Established Member

You are looking at the wrong engine. As it states: "5.0L 4V COYOTE 420 HP MUSTANG CRATE ENGINE" Note the mustang. The F150 engine is worth about half that of the mustang engine because it's smaller intake cams, lower compression, weaker oil pump, case exhaust manifolds and "truck" vs power image an F150 has.

Don't get me wrong, that engine would be great replacement for a F-150 5.0 that has blown up, but it would be a downgrade if put in the mustang.

Do you happen to have the complete wiring harness and ecu?

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
This post has a lot of bad juju written all over it. I figured a big shop like Evolution would know that the coyote engine is not the engine found in an F150 but yet they're trying to sell this motor as if it is a coyote? Seems... odd

BigWill90

Established Member
Question would this engine be a good donor if my plan was to totally rebuild the bottom end and add blower cams or swap back to stock coyote cams for a coyote swap ?

the5

Established Member
Id Sell My Mustang Coyote for that much if anyone wants it

mechanicboy

Established Member
This post has a lot of bad juju written all over it. I figured a big shop like Evolution would know that the coyote engine is not the engine found in an F150 but yet they're trying to sell this motor as if it is a coyote? Seems... odd

It is a Coyote engine. It shares the same heads, block, crank, rods, etc except the parts I mentioned above. It also has piston oil squirters on all years unlike the mustang coyote.

Question would this engine be a good donor if my plan was to totally rebuild the bottom end and add blower cams or swap back to stock coyote cams for a coyote swap ?

Yes.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I'm aware of the differences in the F150 5.0 motor and the Coyote motor in the mustang. Just because an engine shares some parts, does not mean it's the same. I'm done here though. My point was made.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
A truck engine is worth at least $1,000 less than a mustang engine due to lower compression and different cams and different timing cover and intake.
They sell for $2,500-3,500 on eBay all day with 10k miles and less.

mechanicboy

Established Member
A truck engine is worth at least $1,000 less than a mustang engine due to lower compression and different cams and different timing cover and intake.
They sell for $2,500-3,500 on eBay all day with 10k miles and less.

This is the first I'm hearing the timing cover is different. The intake is only different in the top color and is otherwise the same.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
For Sale - 2013 5.0L 302 CI 4V Coyote Complete Engine with 2,888 Miles - $4,8...

This is the first I'm hearing the timing cover is different. The intake is only different in the top color and is otherwise the same.

Look up part numbers.
Even 2011 mustang has different cover than 2012-up
Most accessory drive systems are for the 2012-up mustang cover that is used on FRPP crate motors too.
We went through this with a foxbody swap using Power by hour kit.
Also have a buddy with coyote truck motor swap into a mark viii and his cover was different than mustang and required the truck oil filter adapter too.
It has to do with alternator area on truck vs car

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread