For Sale: 2006 Ford F-150 XLT Longbed

robertlyons

Established Member
I am selling a 2006 Ford F-150 XLT Standard Cab 4x2 Pickup Truck with an 8 foot bed. I am asking $9,500. The exterior color is True Blue Clearcoat, the interior is Flint Premium Cloth. Options include the Preferred Equipment Package 507A (which is the XLT trim package), the 4.6L V8 engine, the 4-speed automatic transmission, 3.73 rear gear ratio w/ limited slip differential, trailer tow package, upgraded 17” machined aluminum rims and P255/65R17 outlined white letter tires. The truck has approximately 74K miles. All the original paperwork goes with the truck.

I am the original owner. I have added a custom fit GPS system based on the Magellan RoadMate 700/760, updated to version 6 software. Ford bedliner installed when new. Jerico cap with optional picture windows (great vision from the driver’s seat), headliner and 2 lock door. AirAid cold air intake kit (filter cleaned in summer 2012). Installed upgraded stereo speakers. Wrapped the steering wheel in leather (for my first attempt, it came out nice).
You may notice extra equipment in the pictures. The JVC stereo in the truck will be replaced by the original FORD AM/FM/CD stereo. The fire extinguisher is not included, although I will leave the fabricated bracket in the truck if you want. The Sirius radio setup stays with me, although I will leave the Kuda mount and Sirius antenna in place if the buyer wants. The trailer brake controller will remain with the truck.

The following maintenance items have been done. Installed 4 new Toyo tires in February 2011. Installed new ceramic brake pads up front in November 2012. Have changed the oil (and filter) every 5-7K with full synthetic.

This truck is my daily driver. Don’t expect to buy this truck and win a concours trophy at the National F-150 truck show. It has several minor paint chips and scratches, but no dents. Everything works as it should, and the interior is extremely nice with only very minor wear. If I bought a car in California tomorrow, I’d have no second thoughts about hooking up my trailer and driving this truck cross country to go and get it.

So, why am I selling? When I bought this truck, I was racing my Mustang and needed a new truck to replace my old 1997 F-150 XLT. However, soon after I purchased the truck I had some serious health issues and have not raced since. I’ve used the truck as a daily driver (28 highway miles a day) and do occasional towing duty to car shows and to pick up cars that I have bought out-of-state. So, I really don’t need a truck of this size and capability anymore, and am looking to downsize. I don’t have to or need to sell. But I’m getting the itch for something else.

In the interests of full disclosure, in June of 2007 the truck was in an accident that caused minor damage. A Jeep Liberty made a left turn out of a gas station in front of me and bounced off oncoming traffic. The Jeep then crossed back onto my side of the road and side-swiped the bed of my pickup before driving over the top of a Toyota following me. The insurance company paid to replace, rather than repair, my pickup bed with an OEM Ford bed.

I live and work in central New Jersey. If you wish to see and inspect the truck in person, drop me a line. I’ll be happy to show it to you.

Upload1.jpgUpload2.jpgUpload3.jpgUpload4.jpgUpload5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread