For Sale: 1998 Cobra Convertible

CobraKen98

Established Member
Well the time has come for me to part ways with my Cobra. I want/need something I can drive everyday and not worry about it.

For Sale:

1998 Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible
Crystal White
Saddle Leather Interior
Saddle Top
32,000 Original Miles
Eibach Lowered
MagnaFlow Catbacks
TriAx Short Throw Shifter
Deep Dish, Black Chrome, Bullitt Wheels
CDC Convertible Light Bar
Spoiler Delete

I consider this car to be in near excellent condition (interior, exterior and mechanical). It's been garaged it's entire life. Adult owned and driven. I've babied this car since I've owned it. I can take more specific pictures upon request by serious buyers. Whoever buys this car will not be disappointed. PLEASE....serious inquiries only in either this thread or a PM....Thanks
One picture is it being loaded on a flatbed for it's move to S.W. Florida where it is located now.

$11,000 FIRM

carshow52-1.jpg

LightBar4.gif

im001305.jpg

IMG_0319.gif

BlkChrome1.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Do you have the factory wheels, SVT certificate, manuals, convertible boot cover, other original parts, etc? And since the front bumper is drilled, do you have the tag bracket?

CobraKen98

Established Member
Do you have the factory wheels, SVT certificate, manuals, convertible boot cover, other original parts, etc? And since the front bumper is drilled, do you have the tag bracket?

I have the SVT Certificate, manuals, window sticker and the convertible boot cover. Even have the smoker's package....ashtray (unused) w/lighter still wrapped in plastic inside.
Unfortunately I do not have either the factory wheels or the license plate bracket.

Fasteryellow

Nice car. No takers cause $11m is steep. I am looking for a 97-98 Cobra vert and have found a few around 40-60,000 miles, great condition for $8-9,500. If you would consider around 9000, you would have a very interested buyer.

CobraKen98

Established Member
I honestly feel as though I'm right in the ballpark. The Cobra is in near mint condition with no modifications to the engine or computer, how many of those do you find everyday ?? Mileage averages out to around 2,400 miles per year so you can only imagine how much this car has been pampered...:nono:
For the time being I'll hold onto it before I let it go for less than what I'm asking. Thanks for your opinion though !!!

Zackman

I wouldn't budge on the price Ken. Beautiful car and well-maintained. 11k is a steal in my opinion.
I would agree as well. I've done my research, $11K is a steal for Cobra Convertible in that condition and low miles. There are plenty of used-up & beat-up 100k - 130k mileage Cobras out there still selling for $6.5K - $8K...

Last edited:

CobraKen98

Established Member
I would agree as well. I've done my research, $11K is a steal for Cobra Convertible in that condition and low miles. There are plenty of used-up & beat-up 100k - 130k mileage Cobras out there still selling for $6.5K - $8K...

I wouldn't budge on the price Ken. Beautiful car and well-maintained. 11k is a steal in my opinion.

Nice Cobra!!!! GLWS!

Thanks guys !!! Whoever buys this car won't be disappointed.....

Fasteryellow

Hey, everyone on this thread is right, this is a gorgeous Cobra vert and should be worth every penny of $11,000. However, not everyone on this thread is looking to buy with cash in hand. I am and have been looking for a couple months and have come across a few low mile (35-55,000) cars in excellent shape. One with 46,000 miles has been sitting for 8 months priced at over $10,000. One with 57,000 miles sold for $8,800 before I had a chance. Seems $10,000 is the crest stopping some folks from selling their cars and $9,000 is the sweet spot to sell them.

Yes, Im a newbie. Ive only owned a couple Mustangs. Looking to buy my first Cobra. Been a bike guy the past 25 years and have bought, owned, and sold dozens of bikes. So, I may be new to Cobra's, but I am not new to buying and selling. In my experience, a bike or car is worth what someone is willing to pay. I have no doubt you guys know way more than I do about Cobra's. On the other hand, I have looked at several and know what has sold and what is still for sale. Unfortunately, the value of everything is down right now.

Ken...if you dont need to sell, okay. If you are interested in selling, I am an interested buyer. I have a good friend in Naples who can take a look and transact on my behalf.

Users who are viewing this thread